The ICSE Class 7 Syllabus of Geography aims at encouraging students to appreciate the interdependence of individuals, groups and communities. It promotes a healthy respect for different types of cultures and ways of life of people around the world. The syllabus of ICSE Class 7 Geography brings about a focus on developing geographical skills that enable students to make informed judgments at local, national and international levels. Learning opportunities have been provided to help students understand how the geographical conditions of a place have affected the socio-political life of the people. Go through the detailed ICSE Class 7 Geography syllabus and also download the pdf.
Students can have a look at the core concepts of the Geography syllabus below. The subtopics under these topics have been mentioned in detail in the pdf above.
Theme 1: Representation of Geographical Features
- Use of Colours on Topographical sheets Blue – Water body Red – Settlements Yellow – Agriculture Brown – High relief Green – Forests.
- Use of scales for measurement: types of scales (representative fraction, linear scale).
- Measuring distance on the map using scales (straight line).
Theme 2: Weather and Climate
- Elements of Weather:
– Atmospheric pressure
– Precipitation (rain, dew, hail, snow)
– Cloud (different types)
- Difference between Weather and Climate.
- Weather Instruments:
– Rain gauge
– Anemometer and wind vane
Theme 3: Atmosphere
- Composition of the Atmosphere (percentage of different gases).
- Structure of the Atmosphere (brief description of Troposphere, Stratosphere (ozone layer), Thermosphere, Mesosphere, Exosphere). To be done in a tabular format.
Theme 4: Industries
- Need for industries in the world.
- Agro based industries.
- Factors related to establishment of an industry.
- Important industries of the world: Iron and Steel, Cotton Textile, Information Technology, fishing; important centres of these industries.
- Pollution due to industries and its prevention.
Theme 5: Study of Continents – Europe, Africa, Australia, Antarctica
- Europe, Africa, Australia:
– Political divisions (countries with capitals)
– Major Physical features
– Locating the above on the map
We have compiled the syllabus of all the subjects of Class 7 ICSE board. Students can access them by visiting the ICSE Class 7 Syllabus page at BYJU’S. Keep learning and stay tuned for further updates on ICSE/CBSE/State Board and other competitive exams.