The CISCE designs the syllabus of ICSE Class 7 Biology in such a way that it has all the fundamental topics related to the subject. The syllabus is created in such a way that the students wouldn’t feel overburdened. According to subject specialists, the Biology Syllabus of Class 7 is very helpful for the students as they guide them by giving some vital information on the academic session and topics to learn.
Theme 1: Tissue
- Definition of tissue.
- Classification of plant tissues: Meristematic and permanent (simple and complex).
- Meristematic tissues: characteristics (any two), simple structure, location, function, examples.
- Simple permanent tissues: parenchyma, collenchyma, sclerenchyma (simple structure, location and functions of each), examples.
- Complex permanent tissues: xylem, phloem- function only. (Elements of xylem and phloem not to be mentioned).
- Epithelial tissue: simple location, and function (types of epithelial tissue not to be mentioned).
- Connective tissue location and functions of bone, cartilage, blood, ligament, tendon.
- Muscular tissue: location and one function of:
– striated (voluntary or skeletal muscle),
– unstriated (involuntary/ smooth muscle),
– cardiac (specialized muscle).
- Nerve tissue: parts of neuron (cell body, Dendron, axon).
Theme 2: Kingdom Classification
- Meaning and concept of classification
- Need and advantages of Classification
- Characteristics of each kingdom with suitable examples:
(i) Monera: bacteria – shape;
(ii) Protista: Amoeba – basic structure;
(iii)Fungi: basic structure of mould;
(iv)Plantae: characteristics and examples (classification of plantae not to be discussed);
(b)Invertebrates: 9 major Phyla, Porifera, Cnidaria, Coelenterata, Platyhelminthes, nematoda, Annelida, Arthropoda, Mollusca, Echinodermata)
Theme 3: Plant Life
- Definition, basic process, factors affecting photosynthesis, significance of photosynthesis, setup.
- Photosynthesis process (demonstration).
- Basic process, word equation; respiration as a process which releases energy; respiration in plants: two types (aerobic and anaerobic: basic concept, word equations for both, examples).
- Respiration and photosynthesis in plants, difference in both processes.
Theme 4: Human Body
- Excretion: Definition.
- Organs and their excretory products (kidneys, sweat glands, lungs);
- Renal Excretory System – kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, urethra (location and functions to be explained along with diagram).