The syllabus is a learning material that is composed strategically, in order to make the students aware of the topics and sub-topics that are to be completed throughout an academic session. Students can understand the details of the course using a syllabus. The syllabus gives a complete overview of the course description and objectives, grading and evaluation process, the required number of assignments and other practical works. The ICSE Class 7 Physics Syllabus, provided here, gives a sharp insight to students regarding the topics in physics that the students have to learn.
Physics Syllabus for Class 7 ICSE Board:
Physical Quantities and Measurement
- Measurement of Volume
- Measurement of Area
- Measurement of Density
- Calculation of Speed
Force and Pressure: Motion
- Motion as a change in position of an object with respect to time.
- Types of motion
- Uniform and Non-Uniform Motion
- Energy as the capacity to do work.
- Units of energy
- Different forms of energy
- Inter-conversion of energy
- Law of Conservation of Energy
- Laws of Reflection
- Plane mirror
- Speed of light
- Primary colours
- Formation of secondary colours by colour addition.
- Appearance of colour of an object
- Colour subtraction.
- Heat as a form of energy and its units
- Different units of Temperature
- Effects of Heat
- Methods of Heat Transfer
- Thermos Flask
- Sources of sound
- Sound as a longitudinal wave
- Characteristics of a sound wave
- Reflection and Absorption of sound
- Relative speed of sound in different mediums
Electricity and Magnetism
- Law of Magnetism
- est for a magnet
- Electromagnets and their applications
- Electric cell as source of electricity
- Resistors as components that oppose the flow of current.