“Where should I admit my child? Which school? Especially which board should I prefer for my kids? CBSE or ICSE or any State Board? Will it help them in future to prepare for competitive exams like JEE or AIPMT?”
Every parent face the same dilemma when it comes to admitting their child in school. In India, primarily, on a national level, there are two important boards which caters education to the academic sector – CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) and ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education). Other than these two boards, most of the states have their own State Boards.
The education system has three segments namely – Primary, Secondary and Seniour Secondary Levels. Each of these levels cater a different and crucial role in building a child’s career goals and achievement. Hence, it is recommended by BYJU’s Educational Experts that before admitting your child in any boards, do a proper homework. We have gathered here few characteristics and features of these boards to help you decide on one –
Here are few merits of this board –
- This board should be most preferred one for you if you have a transferable job as CBSE schools are there in almost every city in India.
- CBSE board approves both, English & Hindi as medium of instruction in class.
- CBSE board also grants both, regular and private courses, it conducts different sets of exams for both type of candidates
- This board is renowned for emphasizing on subjects like Science and Maths.
- CBSE is completely affiliated to Government of India and is approved for all central schools, Kendriya vidyalayas in the country. The entire syllabus and curriculum is recognized by NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training).
- Another advantage of CBSE board is that, it’s syllabus is followed by most of the competitive exams like IIT –JEE (Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examinations), AIEEE (All Indian Engineering Entrance Examination) , AIPMT (All India Pre Medical Test).
Advantages of ICSE (CISCE, Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations) –
- The imperative pillar of ICSE board is it’s syllabus. The syllabus is comprehensive and structured to provide more practical knowledge and helps to build analytical skills in students.
- As ICSE board emphasizes on all the subjects in detail, the syllabus is comparatively vast and lengthy.
- ICSE exercises only English as a medium of instruction in class and also emphasizes more on the subject English.
- ICSE accentuates more on internal assessments and believes it to be very essential for a child’s mental development.
- ICSE syllabus and teaching makes a student fit for the corporate world. They tend to opt for management studies and be a good managers in future with good leadership qualities.
- CISCE syllabus is recognized by many foreign education academies. Hence, if, as a parent you move to various countries for work, ICSE board can be ideal for your kid.
- CBSE syllabus caters more for exams like JEE and AIPMT whereas ICSE syllabus is perfect to opt for scholarship examinations attuned to the world education standards.
|NCERT Books||ICSE Videos||ICSE Articles|
|ICSE Syllabus||ICSE Study Materials||ICSE Board Related News|