In order to crack any entrance examination, aspirants need to have a steady goal-oriented strategy. NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a renowned national level common medical entrance examination conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) for those students who aspire to join MBBS, BDS or other medical courses in India.
NEET Preparation 2018
Before starting their preparations, candidates should make sure that they have a sound knowledge of the prescribed NEET syllabus. Other than this, candidates should know the important dates and other relevant information related to NEET 2018, so that they can schedule their study accordingly.
A major portion of NEET Syllabus matches with the CBSE 11th and 12th board syllabus. Therefore, NCERT textbooks are one of the best books for NEET to gain an understanding of various concepts which are in the examination. However, it doesn’t suffice all the concepts. Hence, in order to gain command over those topics, candidates will need some reference books for NEET.
Best books to crack NEET 2018:
Books are one of the important components of NEET preparation. The first thing that comes to any aspirant’s mind is NEET preparation books. The market is flooded with thousands of books for NEET, but candidates must refer to the best book for their exam preparation. Here is the list of best books for NEET for Biology, Chemistry, and Physics which medical aspirants can follow to excel in NEET Exam.
Best Biology books to crack NEET 2018:
For Biology, NCERT is the best book to prepare for NEET Exam. Aspirants should try to read and learn each and every section of the NCERT textbooks for Biology. They should give importance to the topics like morphology and physiology.
Candidates can also refer the book by Dr. Ali which is a question bank for biology. The book has questions from each and every section of the NCERT biology textbook. Candidates should practice and revise simultaneously. They should practice NEET previous years question papers and NEET sample question papers and prepare notes to make their learning easier. The best NEET study materials for Biology are mentioned here.
- Trueman’s Biology – Vol 1 and Vol 2
- Dinesh Objective Biology
- SC Verma Biology books
- Biology Books by Pradeep’s Publications
- NCERT (Textbook) Biology – Class 11 & 12
- Biology by GRB Bathla’s Publications
Best Chemistry books to crack NEET 2018:
Chemistry includes three sections which are physical chemistry, organic chemistry, and inorganic chemistry. Again, NCERT textbook for chemistry can be followed. Physical chemistry is the numeric part which requires a candidate’s attention and practice. They can practice numerical from the recommended books for NEET chemistry.
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Physical Chemistry by P. Bahadur
- NCERT (Textbook) Chemistry – Class 11 & 12
Organic chemistry is an inevitable portion which has more weight-age and questions from organic are asked at a higher frequency. Every named reaction is important. Candidates should learn and understand the mechanisms thoroughly. They might get direct questions on these topics. NEET preparation books for chemistry are listed below.
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd (For reaction mechanisms)
- Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry Objective by Arihant (for practicing problems)
- NCERT (Textbook) Chemistry – Class 11 & 12
Comparatively, inorganic chemistry is the easiest part which consists of memory based questions and candidates just need to revise them. NCERT textbooks are sufficient to prepare well for inorganic chemistry. Best books for NEET inorganic chemistry are mentioned here.
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry (For Chemical Bonding, Atomic Structure and Coordination Chemistry)
Best Physics books to crack NEET 2018:
Physics demands a clear understanding of concepts. Students should clear their concepts before they start practicing questions. Hence, one needs a good reference book to clear his or her concepts. Few of the best books for NEET physics are named below.
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- Objective Physics by Pramod Agarwal (For practicing problems in mechanics and rotational dynamics.
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker (For optics, waves, and electromagnetism)
- D. C. Pandey Objective Physics
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov
- NCERT (Textbook) Physics – Class 11 & 12
NEET Preparation Tips:
- Aspirants should give preference to the topics with maximum weight age.
- They should prepare handy notes for all the three subjects.
- Regular revision is important.
- Aspirants should not skip any topic.
- They should have a proper study plan and stick to it.
For more information on NEET 2018 and sample papers visit Byju’s. Stay tuned with Byju’s to get the latest notification on NEET 2018 with NEET syllabus, NEET books, NEET preparation tips, etc.