A type of simple permanent tissue, parenchyma makes up for the major part of the ground tissues in plants. They are living tissues and are non-vascular in nature composed of undifferentiated cells that are altered to carry out numerous functions. Explore important MCQs for NEET from parenchyma tissue here.
MCQs On Parenchyma Tissue
1. Mostly, the flesh of the fruit is made of ___________.
2. In plants, the most common ground tissue is___________.
3. From mature parenchyma, plant regeneration can occur as__________.
(a) there are no cell walls
(b) they are nucleate
(c) they can dedifferentiate
(d) it forms the bulk of the ground tissue
4. The plant tissues that are known for photosynthesis, secretion and storage are______.
(d) Vascular cambium
5. Simple permanent tissue that is food storing is ___________.
6. Which of the following statement is true about the spongy parenchyma?
(a) Round or oval loosely arranged cells
(b) Abaxially placed to palisade parenchyma
(c) Continues to the abaxial epidermis
(d) All of the above
7. Which of the following statement is true about the palisade parenchyma?
(a) Elongated cells
(b) Adaxially placed
(c) Vertically and parallelly placed
(d) All of these
8. The mesophyll of a dicot leaf is differentiated into _________.
(a) Spongy parenchyma
(b) Palisade parenchyma
(d) Both (a) and (b)
9. In TS of the dicotyledonous root, the parenchymatous cells which lie between the xylem and phloem are called ________.
(c) Connective tissue
(d) Conjunctive tissue
10. Aerenchyma and chlorenchyma are types of ________.
(c) Vascular bundle
Test your knowledge with important MCQs on Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism In Females. Explore more MCQs on different NEET related topics at BYJU’S.