Spirogyra are free-floating green algae. They are commonly found in freshwater habitats such as ponds, lakes, etc. They are autotrophic and perform photosynthesis. They are commonly known as water silk. They have spiral or ribbon-shaped chloroplasts.
1. Find the incorrect match
(a) Nostoc – water blooms
(b) Basidiomycetes – puffballs
(c) Spirogyra – motile gametes
(d) Sargassum – Chlorophyll
2. Which of the following does not have a sexual mode of reproduction?
3. Spirogyra belongs to which of the following classes?
4. Which of the following is false about Spirogyra?
(a) nucleolus is complex
(c) each chloroplast contains a single pyrenoid
(d) chromosomes are polycentric
5. The ladder-like structure formed in Spirogyra is the result of
(a) Asexual reproduction
(b) Direct conjugation
(c) Lateral conjugation
(d) Scalariform conjugation
6. Ribbon-shaped chloroplast is the characteristic feature of
7. The type of sexual reproduction in Spirogyra is
8. In Spirogyra, pyrenoids are present in
(a) cell wall
9. Spirogyra reproduce sexually by
(d) akinetes formation
10. Which of the following is also known as pond silk
|1. (c)||2. (c)||3. (a)||4. (c)||5. (d)|
|6. (a)||7. (a)||8. (d)||9. (b)||10. (b)|