NEET or National Entrance cum Eligibility Test is a medical entrance examination conducted by the National Testing Agency(NTA) every year. This time around, NEET 2020 is scheduled to be taking place on 3rd May 2020. The application form for the same has been released by the NTA from 2nd December 2019 onwards. Aspirants can download and submit the application form. The last date to submit the filled application form is 31st December 2019.
NEET exam enables medical aspirants to take up admissions in medical/dental colleges. Candidates need to brace themselves as the anticipated number of candidates for NEET 2020 is approximately 15-16 lakhs.
NEET is a paper-pen test(offline mode) and consists of objective type questions. The paper comprises of 180 questions in total, where 45 questions appear from each of these sections – Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
Who Is Eligible to take up NEET 2020?
The Medical Council of India(MCI) prescribes the NEET UG eligibility criteria 2020. Candidates who have successfully completed or are appearing for class 12 examinations with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English being the compulsory subjects with a minimum score of 50% applying from the general category are eligible to apply.
In addition, NEET 2020 score also allows candidates to take up admissions to medical courses such as AYUSH. Listed below are the criteria for NEET 2020:
- One needs to be a citizen of India
- If he/she does not reside in India, then he/she should be an Overseas Citizen of India(OCI)
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are eligible
- Persons of Indian Origin(PIOs) are eligible
- Even foreign nationals are eligible
- Candidates must have completed 17 years as on December 31, 2020
- Until the supreme court does not pass judgement, there is no upper age limit to give NEET exams
NEET Application Form 2020
The application form has been released by the NTA from 2nd December 2019 onwards for NEET 2020 scheduled to be conducted on 3rd May 2020. This national level entrance exam enables medical aspirants to take up admissions in medical and dental colleges throughout the country as it is a single National level medical exam.
Some important points regarding Application form for NEET 2020 are as below:
- One can fill NEET 2020 application form through online mode
- Form can be filled only once. Filling more than once may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Application form has been released on 2nd December 2019
- 31st December 2019 is the last date to fill and submit the application form
- Submit the following during filling of application form – recent photo, left-hand thumb impression, passing certificate of class 10, all in the prescribed format.
Also Check: NEET 2020 Preparation Tips
What Is The Application Fees For NEET 2020?
Aspirants can make payment through the online mode and can pick from these options – Credit card/debit card/Net-banking/UPI/Paytm. The application fee is as follows:
- General category – Rs. 1500/-
- General-EWS/OBC-NCL- Rs. 1400/-
- ST/SC/PWD/Transgender category – Rs. 800/-
- Additional charges & GST are applicable
What is NEET 2020 Syllabus?
For any examination, the syllabus is that tool which serves as a blueprint for the course and when it comes to an examination as intense as NEET for medical aspirants, knowing in and out of the syllabus is the key.
NEET examination has sections – Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. Each of these sections comprises of 45 objective type questions and altogether, 180 questions for which students get 3 hours.
Syllabus mainly consists of Class 11 and Class 12 curriculum. Apart from referring to the NCERT textbooks, one must also refer to other relevant books to outperform NEET 2020. Refer to NEET 2020 syllabus in detail for all the sections discussed with a complete analysis of all the sections based on trends from previous years.
How different is the NEET exam pattern 2020 from previous years?
NEET 2020 is on the same lines as the previous years. There has been no official declaration that suggests changes to the existing pattern.
Following are some of the details on the exam pattern:
- It is a pen-paper test carried in an offline mode
- 180 objective type questions are asked from – Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
- OMR sheets are provided to mark the answers
- It is a 3-hour examination with these language options- English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Assamese, Urdu
- 4 marks are awarded for one correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for an incorrect response
Get access to the complete details of the NEET 2020 Exam Pattern.
How Are NEET 2020 Sample Papers Beneficial In Preparing For NEET 2020?
Sample papers are the replica of the actual question papers. Practising from sample papers enables aspirants to turn conversant with the marking scheme, paper pattern, typology of questions, important sections from the syllabus, difficulty level of questions and much more.
Explore sample papers for NEET 2020 collated to save students’ time. Along with this, students can also go through preparation tips for NEET 2020 at BYJU’S.
What is the NEET Cutoff 2020?
The NTA is scheduled to release the cutoff score for NEET 2020 in the month of June 2020 along with the declaration of NEET Result 2020. The cut-off score for NEET 2019 under the unreserved category was 134-701 marks. Get the details for NEET 2019 below:
Find here the complete details for NEET Cutoff 2020.
The Indian Government has prescribed a reservation policy which is applicable to NEET 2020. As per the policy, 10% of seats are reserved for GEN-EWS category(General Economically weaker section). NEET aspirants whose family gross annually is below rupees 8 lakhs are categorized under EWS.
For admissions in state medical universities/colleges/institutes for admissions other than 15% All India Quota, the reservation policy of the particular state government is applicable.
Read More: NEET Counselling
NEET 2020 Reservation Criteria
The table below depicts the categories and their corresponding reservations
|General Economically Weaker section||10%|
|Other backward castes||27%|
|Persons with disabilities||5%|
NEET 2020 Exam Date
The NEET 2020 date for the examination is on 3rd May 2020 and the results for the same shall be announced by 4th June 2020. The application form has already been released i.e., from 2nd December 2019 onwards and one can fill and submit the form. The last date to fill and submit the application form is 31st December 2019.
How To Prepare For NEET In One Month?
If you are looking at cracking NEET in a month, you are at the right place. With effective study planners, smart studying technologies, exhaustive revisions, consistent practising from previous years’ question papers, taking up mock tests regularly one can crack NEET exams.
Get complete insights on the same here – How To Crack NEET In One Month
Watch this space for more on NEET 2020 along with the latest updates, notifications and much more only at BYJU’S.