RNAs are polymers of ribonucleotides attached to 3’-5’ phosphodiester linkage. Multiple types of RNAs are present in a cell, which perform different functions, namely tRNA, mRNA, rRNA. RNA is usually single-stranded, some of the viruses contain double-stranded RNA as the genome, e.g. Rotavirus. RNAs also contain nitrogenous bases linked to sugar and phosphate like DNA, but RNAs contain ribose sugar and Uracil instead of deoxyribose sugar and Thymine in DNA.
1. Which of the following enzymes is non-proteinaceous?
2. RNA contains Uridine, it is a
3. Anticodon is present in
4. Which of the following purine bases is present in RNA?
5. Which of the following is found more widely in a cell?
6. RNA contains repeating units of
7. Which of the following rRNAs in bacteria acts as a ribozyme as well as structural RNA?
(a) 23S rRNA
(b) 18S rRNA
(c) 5.8S rRNA
(d) 5S rRNA
8. Which of the following RNAs are the most abundant in an animal cell?
9. A single strand of mRNA attached to complex of ribosomes is called
(a) Okazaki fragments
10. Which of the following RNAs’ structure is similar to clover leaf?
These were some MCQs on Structure of RNA. Learn MCQs on related topics for NEET, at BYJU’S.
Important MCQs for NEET Biology:
- MCQs on Life Processes
- MCQs on Lac Operon
- MCQ on Lipids
- MCQ on Diversity in Living World
- Apiculture MCQs
- MCQ on Meiosis