Analytical chemistry uses reactions for the identification of chemical compounds. The chemical thermodynamics studies the chemical equilibrium as a source of work and heat etc. The kinetics also has its specific approach to the chemical reaction. It studies the chemical transformation as a process that occurs in time according to a certain mechanism with regularities characteristics of this process. The kinetics study in the chemical process is the study of reaction that occurs in time, it rates, a change in the rate with the development of the process.
1. The rate of a chemical reaction tells us about
- the reactants taking part in reaction
- the products formed in the reaction
- how slow or fast the reaction is taking place
- none of the above
2. In the rate equation, when the concentration of reactants is unity then rate is equal to
- specific rate constant
- average rate constant
- instantaneous rate constant
- None of the above
3. The average rate and instantaneous rate of a reaction are equal
- at the start
- at the end
- in the middle
- when two rate have time interval equal to zero
4. What of the following observations is incorrect about the order of a reaction?
- Order can only be assessed experimentally
- The stoichiometric coefficient of the reactants doesn’t affect order.
- Order of reaction is the sum of power to express the rate of reaction to the concentration terms of the reactants.
- The cumulative number is also the order of reaction.
5. There are constant units of first and zero order reactions in terms of M units of molarity.
- sec-1, Msec-1
- sec-1, M
- Msec-1, sec-1
- M, sec-1
6. In the reaction 2A + B → A2B, if the concentration of A is doubled and that of B is halved, then the rate of the reaction will
- increase 2 times
- increase 4 times
- decrease 2 times
- remain the same
7. The reactant Vs time concentration diagram for a reaction is a straight line with a negative pendulum. The reaction follows an equation for the intensity.
- zero order
- first order
- second order
- third order
8. A substance ‘A’ decomposes by a first order reaction starting initially with [A] = 2.00M and after 200min, [A] becomes 0.15M. For this reaction t1/2 is
- 53.72 min
- 50.49 min
- 48.45 min
- 46.45 min
9. In the Haber process for the manufacture of ammonia the following catalyst is used
- Platinized asbestos
- Iron with molybdenum as promoter
- Copper oxide
10. In a reversible reaction the energy of activation of the forward reaction is 50 kcal. The energy of activation for the reverse reaction will be
- < 50 kcal
- either greater than or less than 50 kcal
- = 50 kcal
- > 50 kcal