HC Verma Solutions Vol 1 Chapter 10 – Rotational Mechanics strives to convey the right knowledge to students about questions related to the chapter. The solutions consist of answers for the different questions present in the chapter. The problems are mostly based on finding the angular velocity of an object by referring to the graph that is provided and also finding the total rotational angle. The problems given in chapter 10 of HC Verma book can be quite challenging for the students. Therefore the solutions provided here have been prepared by experts to increase the understanding and enhance the problem-solving skills of the students. They will get to learn topics of rotational mechanics in the problems given as:
- Questions in chapter 10 are based on finding the linear velocity of the rim and at the middle of the radius.
- There are questions on finding Radial Acceleration and tangential acceleration, the axis of rotation, torque and net moment of inertia of a point in a triangle.
- Questions are also set on concepts of finding the moment of inertia at the centre of a circle and there are questions related to perpendicular to the plane of the ring along with finding the deceleration of a flywheel experiencing friction.
With such topics, we are offering HC Verma Solutions Vol 1 for class 11 students and it has been designed to help students develop the right skills to solve conceptual problems in chapter 10 and also perform well in the exams.
Some of the important topics that students will learn about in chapter 10 are;
- Rotation of a Rigid Body about a Given Fixed Line
- Rotational Dynamics
- Torque of a Force about the Axis of Rotation
- Bodies in Equilibrium
- Bending of a Cyclist on a Horizontal Turn
- Angular Momentum
- Conservation of Angular Momentum
- Angular Impulse
- Kinetic Energy of a Rigid Body Rotating About a Given Axis
- Power Delivered and Work Done by a Torque
- Calculation of Moment of Inertia
- Two Important Theorems on Moment of Inertia
- Combined Rotation and Translation
- Kinetic Energy of a Body in Combined Rotation and Translation
- Angular Momentum of a Body in Combined Rotation and Translation
- Why Does a Rolling Sphere Slow Down?
Important Questions In Chapter 10
1. Consider the following statement, “The torque of the weight of a body about a vertical axis is zero”. Is the statement correct? Give reasons for your answer.
2. When a sphere rolls on a horizontal surface do you think that a certain point of the sphere experiences a vertical velocity?
3. If a particle moves with a constant velocity parallel to the X-axis then its angular momentum with respect to the origin will;
(a) increase (b) decrease (c) zero (d) remains constant.
4. You are sitting firmly over a rotating stool and your arms are fully stretched. If you fold your arms then what will happen to the angular momentum about the axis of rotation.
(a) It will increase (b) decrease (c) nothing happens (d) doubles.
5. Take, for instance, there is no external force acting on a nonrigid body. Now, which of the given quantities will remain constant?
(a) kinetic energy (b) moment of inertia (c) angular momentum (d) linear momentum.
HC Verma Solutions Vol 1 Rotational Mechanics Chapter 10