HC Verma Solutions Vol 1 Chapter 16 Sound waves will help students in solving different questions related to the velocity of sound in air and solid and more. They will further learn how to solve questions related to finding time interval when velocity and distance are given and other important chapter questions that are frequent in competitive exams such as IIT JEE. In order to help students understand the concepts clearly and develop better problem-solving skills, we are providing free HC Verma Solutions pdf here. Students will get to learn the right method of solving problems such as:
- Finding the maximum and the minimum wavelength.
- Finding the ratio between velocity amplitude, wave speed and bulk modulus of elasticity, etc.
- Finding the phase difference when the distance travelled by particles are given.
- Students will also deal with questions on finding the bulk modulus when pressure amplitude and displacement amplitude is given.
- Solve questions on destructive interference when the path difference and wavelength of sound waves are given.
These questions will help you understand this chapter in a better way. The solutions for exercises given in the HC Verma book part 1 that we are offering is crafted in such a manner to help students learn effectively and be well prepared for the exam.
Students will learn about different topics such as;
- The Nature and Propagation of Sound Waves
- Displacement Wave and Pressure Wave
- Speed of a Sound Wave in a Material Medium
- Speed of Sound in a Gas: Newton’s Formula and Laplace’s Correction
- Effect of Pressure, Temperature and Humidity on the Speed of Sound in Air
- Intensity of Sound Waves
- Appearance of Sound to Human Ear
- Interference of Sound Waves
- Standing Longitudinal Waves and Vibrations of Air Columns
- Determination of Speed of Sound in Air
- Doppler Effect
- Sonic Booms
- Musical Scale
- Acoustics of Buildings
Important Questions In Chapter 16
1. During an experiment, we take two tuning forks that vibrate with the same amplitude. However, their frequency is not the same. The first fork has a frequency that is double of the second. According to you which fork will produce more sound in air?
2. Take a vertical rod and hit it at one end. State what kind of wave is formed if (a) the rod is hit vertically (b) horizontally?
3. Which factor will remain unchanged if the sound wave is refracted from air to water?
(a) Frequency (b) Wave Velocity (c) Wave number (d) Wavelength
4. What does the speed of sound in a medium depend upon?
(a) the elastic property
(b) the inertia property
(c) both elastic and inertia property
(d) neither the elastic property nor the inertia property.
5. The Doppler effect usually causes a change in frequency but it does not depend on
(a) the frequency of the source (b) the speed of the source (c) the speed of the observer (d) separation between the source and the observer.
HC Verma Solutions Vol 1 Sound Waves Chapter 16