HC Verma Solutions Vol 1 Chapter 17 Light waves are the best source of answers to all the problems discussed in the HC Verma book for class 11. The solutions offer insights into various topics of light waves such as questions related to wavelength, frequency and speed of light etc. This chapter also contains some important topics from which questions are framed in the competitive examinations such as IIT JEE. Some of the important problems given in this chapter include:
- Questions on the velocity of light in vacuum and another medium.
- Finding the fringe width and distance of the centre of minimum from the centre of maximum and number of fringes.
- Problems on finding the angular separation between bright fringes.
- Concepts of optical path difference are covered and questions on Young’s double slit experiment are present.
- Students will also find questions on finding the wavelength when intensity is provided along with questions on constructive interference and amplitude of the resulting wave.
While there are many more questions to deal with we are offering free solutions to help students understand the concepts clearly and develop better problem-solving skills. These solutions will further help students understand the chapter in a better way and have a fun learning experience.
Get to know more about topics like;
- Waves or Particles
- The Nature of Light Waves
- Hiiygens’ Principle
- Young’s Double Hole Experiment
- Young’s Double Slit Experiment
- Optical Path
- Interference from Thin Films
- Fresnel’s Biprism
- Coherent and Incoherent Sources
- Diffraction of Light
- Fraunhofer Diffraction by a Single Slit
- Fraunhofer Diffraction by a Circular Aperture
- Fresnel Diffraction at a Straight Edge
- Limit of Resolution
- Scattering of Light
- Polarization of Ligh
Important Questions In Chapter 17
1. Is the interference phenomenon a proof of light being a longitudinal wave or a transverse wave? Justify your answer.
2. White light is beamed on a double slit. The condition here is that one slit is covered by a violet filter which allows X = 400 nm. Describe your observation and the nature of the fringe pattern that is formed.
3. When there is a refraction of light which factor is not affected or what does not change?
(a) Velocity (b) Amplitude (c) Wavelength (d) Frequency
4. The best monochromatic light can be achieved from which source?
(a) Laser (b) Mercury Tube (c) Bulb (d) Candle
5. What will happen when a fringe-width when a thin transparent sheet is placed in front of Young’s double slit.
(a) decrease (b) increase (c) remain the same (d) become non-uniform.
HC Verma Solutions Vol 1 Light Waves Chapter 17