Physical chemistry is an application of chemistry and physics. On the other hand, Physics has been defined as the application characteristics of matter that are mutual for all substances. Although, chemistry includes the study of the characteristics of specific materials. It includes the study that involves techniques, measurements and theories associated with physics.
Physical chemistry involves the analysis of physical properties based on the various scales that possess distinct types of substances. The study of different scales of a chemical property of material is stated below:
Macroscopic: It is a property of a material that describes the proximity of a substance that behaves as a group.
Microscopic: These properties are mainly concerned with in-depth details of physical properties of material, that would be detectable only under a microscope.
Atomic: This property is primarily concerned with elements.
Subatomic: It involves theories and subatomic structures that forms a vital part of nuclear chemistry.
Physical Chemistry Examples
Below are some of the simple examples wherein the techniques and theories are used to describe physical chemistry that you have come across school syllabus.
- Theory of Radioactivity
- Analysis of Solutions and Solubility
- Gas Laws and associated theories
- Static Electricity
- X-Ray Diffraction
Physical Chemistry Equations
Physical chemistry is a quantitative technology wherein equations will frequently be given. It could be beneficial to a factor out that equations may be of diverse types, a few equations outline belonging like “strain equals pressure over the place”.
It gives quantitative members of the family for a great wide variety of phenomena encountered in chemistry, primarily based on well defined and measurable residences.
Best Books For Physical Chemistry
If someone needs an “all-in-one” undergraduate level copy, Levine Physical Chemistry is good. Atkin’s Physical Chemistry is one more “all-in-one” text. Pradeep’s Chemistry is helpful. One can make use of O.P. Tandon as a good reference too.
- CBSE Chapter-wise Questions-Answers: Chemistry Previous Year’ Questions by Sharma P
- A Collection of Fully Solved Questions asked from 2014 – 2008 Exam by Purnima Sharma (CBSE Chapterwise Solutions)
- Chemistry (Class – XII) by NCERT
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry 5th Edition (Paperback) by J. D. Lee
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry Class – 12 (Part 1 & 2) (With CD) by S. P. Jauhar
- Pradeep’s New Course Chemistry Class-XII (Set Of 2 Volumes) by Pradeep Publications.
Related Articles On Physical Chemistry
Practise This Question