Every year, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts Joint Entrance Examination or JEE for admission of aspiring engineering candidates into various engineering colleges. This examination happens in two stages namely JEE Main and JEE Advanced. For over 1 million applications every year, JEE Main is one of the most sought after examinations in India. It serves as the basis for the merit list for admission to NITs, IIITs and other participating institutes across the country. JEE Main score is also the qualifying parameter for JEE Advanced. Only those candidates who have qualified JEE Main will be eligible to take JEE Advanced. Candidates who qualify the JEE Advance will be eligible for admission in IITs/ISM Dhanbad.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2017:
- A candidate must have scored 75% of marks in class 12th examination or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective board. For SC/ST students, the qualifying marks would be 65% in the class 12th examination or equivalent.
- A candidate must have Unique Identification/Aadhaar card generated from the government of India before applying.
- For candidates belonging to general category, the date of birth should fall on/after October 1st, 1992. However, for candidates belonging to reserved categories, the date of birth should fall on/after October 1st, 1987.
- Only those candidates who have passed their class 12th or equivalent examination in 2015, 2016, or will pass in 2017 are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2017.
- A candidate can make a maximum of 3 attempts for JEE Main (in three consecutive years).
Exam Pattern of JEE Main 2017
If you are eligible and seeking for an opportunity to be an engineering graduate from these prestigious institutes, you need to understand the pattern and syllabus of the examination. The JEE Main syllabus for B.Tech./B.E. aspirant covers numerous topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics whereas for B.Arch./B.Planning, students have to undergo a test consisting of three parts viz. Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing test. Candidates appearing for B.Arch/B.Planning courses can take this test in offline mode only.
Important Dates for JEE Main 2017
A brief tentative schedule of events for JEE Main 2017 is given below:
|Availability of JEE Main Application Form||December 01, 2016|
|Last Date for JEE Main Application Form||January 02, 2017|
|Last date to submit the fees||January 03, 2017|
|Download of Admit Card for JEE Main||March 2nd Week, 2017|
|Offline JEE Main 2017 Exam||2ndApril2017|
|Computer Based Exam of JEE Main||8 & 9th April 2017|
|JEE Main Answer Key||18th-22ndApril 2017|
|OMR Response Sheet availability||18th-22ndApril 2017|
|JEE Main Result||27 April 2017|
|Rank List||27 April 2017|
To know more about the preparation tips and books to refer for JEE exams follow us on YouTube @ Byju’s classes or visit Byju’s- The learning App. For doubts related to various topics included in the syllabus, you can contact the mentors at Byju’s.
|JEE Mains Admit Card 2018||JEE Mains Syllabus 2018|
|JEE Mains Mock Test 2018||JEE Mains Maths Syllabus 2018|
|JEE Mains Chemistry Syllabus 2018||JEE Mains Physics Syllabus 2018|
|JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria 2018||JEE Mains Cutoff 2017|