KCET 2018 Answer keys for exams conducted on 18th (Biology and Maths) and 19th of April 2018 (Physics and Chemistry) are made available on the website. KCET exam 2018 was conducted in an offline mode by KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority) on 18th of April for Biology (10.30 am to 11.50 am) and Mathematics (2:30 pm to 3:50 pm) and on 19th of April for Physics (10.30 am to 11.50 am) and Chemistry (2:30 pm to 3:50 pm). In addition to Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology, Kannada Language Test for Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates were conducted on 20th of April 2018 from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm (Bangalore).
Every year around 1.4 lakh students appears for this exam for admission in colleges located in the state of Karnataka. As per our experts, the overall difficulty of KCET question paper was between easy to moderate. Majority of questions were asked from PUC 2 (pre-university course) syllabus. However, all the questions asked in the examination were within the syllabus prescribed by KEA. Overall, 60 marks were allocated for each Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology (1 mark for every correct answer). Unlike JEE Mains and Advanced, there is no negative marking for any incorrect answer in KCET. However, no marks are awarded if a candidate marks more than one answer for any particular question.
KCET 2018 Answers Keys
The students can evaluate their performance and estimate their chances of qualifying the entrance examination by downloading KCET 2018 Answer keys from the links mentioned below.
|KCET Answer keys 2018 Biology||KCET Answer keys 2018 Maths|
|KCET Answer keys 2018 Physics||KCET Answer keys 2018 Chemistry|
Students can download KCET 2018 question paper solutions from the links mentioned below:
|KCET Solutions 2018 Biology||KCET Solutions 2018 Maths|
|KCET Solutions 2018 Physics||KCET Solutions 2018 Chemistry|
KCET 2018 Exam Pattern
|Maths (For Engineering)||60||60|
|Biology (For Medical)||60||60|
|Time Duration||80 minutes for each paper of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics|
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will release the official KCET Answer keys after 4 to 5 days of examination followed by the declaration of results (May End). For any discrepancy in the official KCET Answer keys, the candidates can put an objection and challenge the answer keys by following the given procedure.
- Firstly, make a list of all the answers that are to be challenged.
- Collect all the valid documents supporting your objection along with the official KCET 2018 answer keys.
- Send all the above-mentioned documents to the ‘Executive Director, KEA, Bangalore’ either in person or via speed post. The candidates can raise their objections through official Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) email as well (email@example.com).
How To Evaluate KCET 2018 Score?
Karnataka Examination Authority conducts KCET in the offline mode of examination, therefore, the students appeared in the examination can download KCET 2018 answer keys and match it with the answers they have marked in the main examination.
|For each correct answer||+1|
|For every incorrect answer||0|
|For marking multiple answers||0|
KCET 2018 cutoff marks will be published separately for candidates belonging to General and Hyderabad- Karnataka category.
Factors Considered While Calculating KCET 2018 Cutoff
While deciding the cutoff marks for each branch (institute-wise), the following parameters are taken into consideration.
- The total students appeared in the KCET (Karnataka common entrance test).
- The difficulty level of the question paper.
- The total number of seats available for each course (institute-wise).
- The average marks scored by the students.
- Seats reserved for candidates belonging to different categories.
- General category candidates must score 50% of the total marks in KCET.
- For Schedule Caste (SC), Schedule Tribe (ST) and OBC Category, the candidates should score 40% to qualify.
- For Engineering Students the percentage will be evaluated based on the marks scored in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- For Engineering Students the percentage will be evaluated based on the marks scored in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Stay tuned with BYJU’S for more information on KCET 2018 results, counselling procedure, top KCET colleges, scholarships and other exam related details.