Once the basic preparations are done, the next step is to understand the advanced concepts included in JEE Mains and JEE Advanced Syllabus that might not be covered in the NCERT textbooks. Understanding the theoretical portion in Mathematics is equally important as practising different problems, therefore, understand theorems and concepts thoroughly before jumping into solving questions. In Mathematics, you should focus on understanding how theorems and formulas are derived and the intuition behind several conventions and ideas.
Best Math Books For JEE Mains and Advanced
The detailed list of important textbooks that could help you in successfully cover the entire JEE mathematics syllabus is mentioned below:
|Best Maths book for JEE Mains and Advanced|
|1. Course in Mathematics for IIT JEE, Tata McGraw Hill publications
2. Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics, A Das Gupta
3. 36 Years’ Chapterwise Solved Papers, Arihant
4. Class 11th & Class 12th Mathematics, R.D Sharma
5. IIT Mathematics, M.L. Khanna
|Algebra||Higher Algebra, Hall and Knight|
|Higher Algebra, Barnard & Child|
|A Textbook of Matrices, Shanti Narayan|
|Trigonometry||Trigonometry, S L Loney|
|Calculus||Calculus & Analytic Geometry, Thomas & Finney|
|Integral Calculus, Arihant Prakashan|
|Differential Calculus, A Das Gupta|
|Problems in Calculus of One Variable, I. A. Maron|
|Calculus, J. Edward|
|Co-ordinate Geometry||Textbook of Coordinate Geometry, A. Majeed|
|Vector Algebra, Shanti Narayan|
|Co-ordinate geometry, Dr.Gorakh Prasad|
It is not mandatory to keep all the above-mentioned books, instead of that, it’s better to analyze each and every topic included in JEE Mathematics syllabus and then make a wise choice of opting for best maths book for JEE Mains and Advanced in order to utilize your time efficiently.
Tips To Master JEE Mathematics Section
1. After preparing certain topics from NCERT and other advanced textbooks, it’s better to practice several problems from previous year’s question papers for analyzing your understanding of concepts.
2. After solving any problem, always look for the standard solution given in the textbooks. Since most of the concepts included in JEE Syllabus are interlinked, therefore, prepare from the very beginning and don’t skip or start random chapters.
3. Never prepare the same topic from several books. This might lead to the confusion of concepts.
4. Stay focused and prepare with complete efforts and within no time you will fall in love with the subject.
Practice is really important for scoring well in the JEE Mathematics section. But, the most pressing question is, ‘What should I practice and from Where should I practice’?
BYJU’S – The Learning App has simplified the learning process by consolidating all the best maths book for JEE Mains and Advanced in one place. Students can easily learn any particular topic through visualization and practice series of varied problems pertaining to that specific topic anytime. Through the visual techniques of problem-solving, the students could easily acquire the skills of solving difficult and tricky questions in minimum time.
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to know about each and every topic covered in JEE Mains and JEE Advanced Mathematics Syllabus.