CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) conducted JEE Main in online mode (Computer Test-Based) on April 9th& 10th. JEE Main 2016 saw more than 13 lakh students aspiring to get into undergraduate courses like B.Tech/B.E and B.Arch/B. Planning in prestigious institutes like NIT, IIIT and other centrally funded technical institutes.
JEE Main marks the first step to IIT aspirants, who would then emulate with other candidates (based on JEE Main 2016 cutoff) in JEE Advance to get into prestigious institutes like IIT and ISM, Dhanbad.
Download Analysis As PDF:
JEE Main 2016 Online Paper Analysis
JEE Main 2016 online mode was conducted on April 9, and April 10, 2016. The JEE Main paper consisted of 3 sections including subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The questions asked with multiple choice answers (MCQ’s). Each section has 30 questions and the total marks for each section are 120.
The online mode was relatively easier when compared to offline mode.
JEE Main 2016 Analysis – Physics
Physics section was the toughest amongst the 3 sections, but when compared with JEE Main 2016 offline mode; it was easy.
JEE Main 2016 Analysis – Chemistry
Chemistry section was the easiest section with many questions that were direct and memory-based.
JEE Main 2016 Analysis – Mathematics
Maths section was easy but was lengthy. Though many students pointed out that, there was one question in Math section which had no matching option.
Overall, JEE Main 2016 in online mode was of moderate difficulty level with at least 1 question from each of the chapters in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
JEE Main 2016 Offline Mode Analysis
|Exam Date||3rd April 2016|
|Exam Mode||Offline Test (Pen and Paper Based)|
|Exam Paper and Duration||2 papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2) of 3 hours each|
|Subjects or Sections||Physics, Chemistry, Maths / 3 Sections|
|No. of Questions||30 from each section. Total of 90 questions|
|Marks||120 marks per section. Total of 360 Marks|
|Question Type||MCQs and single correct option.|
|For correct Answers||+4 marks|
|For incorrect Answers||1/4 marks of total marks per question|
JEE Main 2016 Offline Paper: Distribution of Questions
|Subject||Class 11||Class 12||Total|
|No of Questions||Total Marks||No of Questions||Total Marks||No of Questions||Total Marks|
JEE Main 2016 Overall Difficulty Analysis
|No. of Questions||Total Marks||No. of Questions||Total Marks||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
JEE Main 2016 Paper I Analysis: Maths Section
- The questions were on a moderate level.
- Mathematics questions in 2016 paper were surprisingly easy compared to questions that were set last year.
- Some of the easy questions were set from topics such as Area, Circle, Logarithm, Progression Series, Hyperbola, etc.
- One question from Binomial theorem seemed to be fundamentally wrong.
JEE Main 2016 Paper I Analysis: Chemistry Section
- Chemistry section was easy and scoring amongst the three.
- The questions from Organic Chemistry was a bit difficult and consisted of fact-based questions.
- Few questions from Physical Chemistry seem to contain insufficient & incorrect data.
- Topics based on the NCERT syllabus.
- However, low scoring compared to previous year paper.
JEE Main 2016 Paper I Analysis: Physics Section
- Physics section consisted of simple conceptual questions but was long when it came to the calculation part.
- Questions were relatively simpler compared to 2015.
- Some questions were also very similar to the previous year paper.
- Paper had few questions with more than one answer.
Important Topics Asked in JEE Main 2016 Paper: Physics
- Alternating Current
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Field
- KTG & Thermodynamics
- Error in Measurement
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- Work, Power & Energy
- Electromagnetic waves & communication
- Modern Physics
- Geometrical Optics & Physical Optics
- Wave Optics
- SHM & Waves
Important Topics Asked in JEE Main 2016 Paper: Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding
- Hydrogen & Its Compounds
- Coordination Compounds
- d-block & f-block Elements
- General Organic Chemistry- II
- Hydrocarbon (Alkane, Alkene & Alkyne)
- Practical Organic Chemistry
- Atomic Structure & Nuclear Chemistry
- Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry
- Surface Chemistry
Important Topics Asked in JEE Main 2016 Paper: Maths
- Binomial Theorem
- Complex Numbers
- Coordinate Geometry (3-D)
- Limit, Continuity & Differentiability
- Differential equation
- Matrices & Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Quadratic Equation
- Sequence & Series
- Trigonometric Ratio & identities
JEE Main 2016 Cutoff
JEE Main Year-wise Paper Analysis
Candidates can also check the JEE Main question paper year-wise analysis below.