What is Electronic Communication?
The faithful transformation of message or information is known as electronic communication which can be available on the form of electrical current or voltage traveling from one point to another.
Basic units of a communication system
The basic units of a communication system are:
- Transmission Channel
Forms of the communication system
The information usually is in the form of a continuous waveform. There are two forms of a communication system;
The bandwidth of a system
Every message signals constitute of various ranges of frequencies which are very vital for the necessary an optimal transmission of information in the signal. Any practical communication supports a few ranges of frequencies.
What is Modulation
Frequencies which are low cannot travel long distances and for that, they are being superimposed with a high-frequency carrier signal in order to flow smoothly. They are various types of modulation:
- Pulse Position Modulation (PPM)
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)
- Pulse Duration Modulation (PDM)
- Pulse Amplitude Modulation (PAM)
- The maximum amplitude and minimum amplitude for an amplitude modulated wave is found to be 20V and 2V respectively. Determine the modulation index, µ and find out the value of µ if the minimum amplitude is zero volt?
- In order to have a modulation index of 85%, what should be the peak voltage of the modulating signal if the carrier wave has a peak voltage 15V is used to transmit a message signal?