When did printed literature begin to circulate? How has it helped create the modern world? Chapter 5 of CBSE Class 10 History discusses the development of print, from its beginnings in East Asia to its expansion in Europe and India. From this Chapter, students will understand the impact of the spread of technology and consider how social lives and cultures changed with the coming of print. These CBSE Class 10 History Chapter 5 Print Culture and the Modern World Important Questions created based on this Chapter cover all the critical aspects from it. Students can solve it for practice, and it is the best resource for revising the Chapter.
The PDF link to download the CBSE Class 10 History Important Questions of this Chapter is given below in this article. Students can access it and start preparing for the exams.
Print Culture and the Modern World
1. What was the earliest kind of print technology developed in China, Japan and Korea?
2. Write briefly why some people feared that the development of print could lead to the growth of dissenting ideas
3. Many historians have argued that print culture created the conditions within which the French Revolution occurred. Can we make such a connection? Explain with 3 arguments.
4. Define the Print Revolution.
5. What are some new forms of publications which came into circulation in India? Discuss.
6. Why do some historians think that print culture created the basis for the French Revolution?
7. Explain how the printing press in India shaped the nature of the debate over religious and social reform movements in India.
8. What are the ways in which the printed press affected the lives of Indian women?
9. What are some of the popular forms of printing which appeared in 18th-century Europe?
10. What is the reason why the production of handwritten manuscripts did not satisfy the reading public?
11. Woodblock print only came to Europe after 1295. Give reason.
12. The Roman Catholic Church began keeping an Index of Prohibited Books in the mid-sixteenth century. Explain with reason.
13. Gandhi said the fight for Swaraj is a fight for the liberty of speech, liberty of the press, and freedom of association. Give a reason.
14. Martin Luther was in favour of print and spoke out in praise of it. Why?
15. Write a short note on ‘The Guttenberg Press.’
16. Explain Erasmus’s idea of the printed book.
17. Explain ‘The Vernacular Press Act.’
18. Why did some people in eighteenth-century Europe think that print culture would bring enlightenment and end despotism?
19. Why did some people fear the effect of easily available printed books? Choose one example from Europe and one from India.
20. Explain how print culture assisted the growth of nationalism in India.
21. Explain any three factors responsible for the invention of new printing techniques.
22. What was Protestant Reformation?
23. Penny magazine was only for
b) Poor People
d) Old people
Keep learning and stay tuned with BYJU’S for the latest update on CBSE/ICSE/State Board/Competitive Exams. Also, download the BYJU’S App for interactive study videos.