Chapter 2 of CBSE Class 10 Political Science focus on a type of power-sharing called “federalism.” After discussing the concept in general terms, the Chapter goes on to make the students understand the theory and practice of federalism in India. A discussion of the federal constitutional provisions is followed by an analysis of the policies and politics that have strengthened federalism in practice. We have also compiled CBSE Class 10 Political Science Chapter 2 Federalism Important Questions for the students to revise the Chapter thoroughly. Practising them will boost the confidence of students and help them in scoring high marks in Social Science subject.
These CBSE Class 10 Political Science important questions, based on the format of the question types typically asked in the board exams, help students to prepare for the exams. Students can find the PDF link below to download these questions. Also, they can refer to them anytime while studying.
1. What are the different provisions of the Indian constitution that make India a federal country?
2. What is federalism? Explain its key features.
3. What are the dual objective of a federal system? Explain them.
4. What makes India a federal country?
5. Explain the role of the judiciary in a federal country?
6. Suppose the Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Orissa have different policies on how their state police should respond to the Naxalites. Can the Prime Minister of India intervene and pass an order that all the Chief Ministers will have to obey?
7. How different is the federation of India from that of the U.S.A?
8. Explain the coalition government.
9. How is federalism practised?
10. Identify any three States which have been carved out of bigger States.
11. How many languages do we have in India? Explain.
12. Point out one feature in the practice of federalism in India that is similar to and one feature that is different from that of Belgium.
13. Which are the local self-governments we have in India?
14. What is the main difference between a federal form of government and a unitary one? Explain with an example.
15. Explain the steps taken by the constitutional amendments of 1992 to make the local self-government more powerful and effective.
16. State any two differences between the local government before and after the Constitutional amendment in 1992.
17. In a federation, the powers of the federal and provincial governments are clearly demarcated. True or False?
18. Explain what decentralisation is.
19. Which are the two routes through which federations get formed?
20. Explain the term “Municipal Corporation.”
21. Which local body has a ‘Mayor’ as its head?
22. What status has been given to the ‘Hindi’ language by the Constitution of India?
23. India comes under which type of federation and why?
These Important Questions Class 10 Political Science Chapter 2 Federalism must have helped students in their exam preparation. For more study material and the latest updates on CBSE/ICSE/State Board/Competitive exams, keep visiting BYJU’S. Also, download the BYJU’S App to watch interactive study videos.