Chapter 3 of CBSE Class 10 Political Science delves into how democracy responds to social differences, divisions and inequalities. The chapter begins with an example of a public expression of social divisions. It then draws some general lessons about how social differences can take various forms. The explanation in the book also turns to how democratic politics affects and is affected by these social diversities. Students can understand and learn these concepts thoroughly by solving these CBSE Class 10 Political Science Chapter 3 Democracy and Diversity Important Questions. These questions cover the highlights of the chapter. Also, some of these questions are expected to be asked in the Social Science class 10 board exam.
Students can find the PDF version of these CBSE Class 10 Political Science Important questions from the clickable link that is made available in this article.
Download CBSE Class 10 Political Science Chapter 3 Democracy and Diversity Important Questions PDF
Democracy and Diversity
1. What is the Civil Rights Movement in the USA? Explain.
2. Explain the Black Power Movement.
3. Do you think the Bulgarian government should try to ensure that the Roma people dress and behave like other people from Bulgaria?
4. What were the problems caused by the politics of social divisions in Northern Ireland? Discuss.
5. Discuss the three factors that are crucial in deciding the outcome of the politics of social divisions.
6. Explain the repercussions of the actions of Tommie Smith and John Carlos at the 1968 Mexico Olympics.
7. When does a social difference become a social division?
8. ________________ social differences create possibilities of deep social divisions and tensions. ___________________ social differences do not usually lead to conflicts.
9. Can the assertion of social diversities in a country be seen as a sign of danger? Discuss.
10. Due to political competition in a democracy, social divisions get reflected in politics. True or False?
11. Explain the difference between cross-cutting and overlapping social differences. Give an example.
12. Social divisions take place when social differences overlap. True or False?
13. Justify that every social difference does not lead to social division.
14. Explain the reason for the disintegration of Yugoslavia.
15. How can social divisions be resolved by the various governments? Discuss.
16. Explain the social division seen in the following countries?
a. Sri Lanka
c. Northern Ireland
17. What are the characteristics of a Homogenous society?
18. Explain the basis for the origin of social differences.
19. Discuss the benefits of asserting social diversities in a democracy.
20. Mention the names of the athletes who expressed their support for the cause against racial discrimination in the USA.
21. How is that religious differences created social division in Northern Ireland and failed to do the same in Netherlands? Explain.
22. Who were Afro-Americans?
23. Explain the meaning of democracy?
24. Give one example to show that we all have more than one identity.
Stay tuned to get extra resources like CBSE Syllabus, Previous Year Papers, CBSE Sample Papers and prepare for the CBSE exams efficiently.