India is a country of vast geographical expanse. In the north, it is bound by the lofty Himalayas. The Arabian Sea in the west, the Bay of Bengal in the east and the Indian Ocean in the south wash the shores of the Indian peninsula. Chapter 7 of CBSE Class 6 Geography discusses Our Country-India in detail. Students can understand the concepts proficiently by solving these CBSE Class 6 Geography Chapter 7 Our Country-India Important Questions. Practising these important questions will help students to prepare more competently for the exam and score high marks.
Find the link given below in this article to download the CBSE Class 6 Important Questions of Chapter 7 Geography. Some of these questions are likely to be asked for the exam. So, access and start studying.
Download CBSE Class 6 Geography Chapter 7 Our Country-India Important Questions PDF
1. Which is the second-most populous country in the world after China?
2. What is the peninsula?
3. Describe the locational setting of India.
4. Which are the seven countries that share the boundaries with India? Name them.
5. What are alluvial deposits?
6. Name the delta formed by the Ganga and the Brahmaputra
7. Name the major physical divisions of India.
8. Which two major rivers fall into the Arabian Sea?
9. How many States and Union Territories are there in India? Which states have a common capital?
10. Why do a large number of people live in the Northern Plains?
11. Why is Lakshadweep known as a coral island?
12. The southernmost Himalayas are known as Shiwaliks. True or False?
13. The Greater Himalayas are also known as_________________.
14. The Indian islands in the Arabian Sea are known as Lakshwadeep Islands. True or False?
15. Name the latitude that runs almost halfway through India.
16. How many time zones are there in the US and Canada?
17. Which are the two important ranges of Peninsular plateau?
18. Find out the approximate time difference between sunrise in Arunachal Pradesh and Gujarat.
19. Name the rivers that drain into the Bay of Bengal.
20. Where does the Great Indian Desert lie? Describe it in very few lines.
21. Where is India located?
(a) In the Northern Hemisphere
(b) In the Southern Hemisphere
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of these
22. Name of the Indian Island in the Arabian Sea is ____
(b) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
(d) None of the above