CBSE Class 10 exam is a public exam and a crucial one for the students. If they want to move ahead to higher classes, they are required to get passing marks in these exams. To score good marks in the Class 10 exams, students are recommended to go through these important questions we have compiled. We have here the CBSE Class 10 Geography Chapter 1 Resources and Development Important Questions. These will help the students to brush up their knowledge about the subject.
The marks that students score in Class 10 will be the deciding factor for the students to get into a college of their choice. CBSE SSC Class 10 Geography important questions are a beneficial resource for the students, as it helps to develop their skills to answer questions from the NCERT Contemporary India textbook. Practising these important questions for Class 10 Geography makes their learning effective and also improves their performance in the exam.
Class 10 Geography Important Questions
1. Which one of the following types of resources is iron ore?
2. Justify the statement, “Resources are a function of human activities”.
3. Explain the classification of resources on the basis of exhaustibility and give two examples each.
4. Which soil is known as cotton soil?
5. Which one of the following is the main cause of land degradation in Punjab?
(a) Intensive cultivation
(c) Over irrigation
6. Give two examples of renewable resources.
7. Name three states having black soil and the crop which is mainly grown in it.
8. What steps can be taken to control soil erosion in the hilly areas?
9. How are natural resources important for man? Give five points.
10. What do you understand by “sustainable economic development?”
11. What is agenda 21?
12. What type of soil is found in the river deltas of the eastern coast? Give three main features of this type of soil.
13. What are the biotic and biotic resources? Give some examples.
14. How has technical and economic development led to more consumption of resources?
15. Explain 3 stages of resource planning.
16. Whom did Gandhiji make responsible for the depletion of resources at the global level?
17. Explain soil erosion and give the steps that should be taken to control soil erosion.
18. What is Laterite soil?
19. Why has the land under forests not increased much from 1960-61?
20. State the geographical factors that are responsible for the evolution of black soil. Why is it considered the most suitable for growing cotton?
Stay tuned and get more resources to prepare for the CBSE Class 10 Exams. Students can access CBSE study materials like CBSE Sample Papers, textbooks, previous year papers and more.