Sometimes people who are ‘different’ from others are teased, laughed at or not included in a certain activity or group. They may feel hurt, angry, helpless or sad when friends or others treat them in such ways. From Chapter 2 of CBSE Class 6 Civics, students can try and explore how such experiences are related to the society they live in. They can also look at how society is connected to the inequalities that exist around them. To understand the Chapter and revise it well for the exam, students can practice the CBSE Class 6 Civics Chapter 2 Diversity and Discrimination Important Questions.
Given below in this article is the link to download the CBSE Class 6 Important Questions of Geography Chapter 2. Start downloading to prepare for the exams and score well.
Diversity and Discrimination
1. What is prejudice?
2. Can you list some of the prejudices that you have noticed around you. How do they affect the ways in which people treat each other?
3. What is the difference between discrimination and stereotypes?
4. How do you think a person who is discriminated against might feel?
5. Who are the Dalits?
6. Who was Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar? Write a short note about him.
7. In addition to the lower castes being discriminated against, there are also various other communities that are subject to discrimination. Can you think of a few other examples of discrimination?
8. Discuss the ways in which persons with special needs might be subject to discrimination.
9. How can the stereotype that girls are a burden on their parents affect the life of a daughter? Imagine this situation and list at least five different effects that this stereotype can have on the way daughters get treated in the house.
10. What does the Constitution say with regard to equality? Why do you think it is important for all people to be equal?
11. Define the key values that unites us all as Indians.
12. What do the first page of our constitution state?
13. Define Mahar.
14. Do you think children with special needs should be a part of regular schools or study in a separate school? Give reasons for your answer.
15. What is a common stereotype against Muslims?
16. What was Dr. Ambedar’s first experience of caste-based discrimination, which took place in 1901?
17. Who fought for the rights of the Dalit community?
18. The struggle for freedom from British rule also included within it the struggle of large groups of people who not only fought against the British but also fought to be treated more equally. True or False?
19. Respect for diversity was a significant element in ensuring_______
20. Government must treat all religions equally. Do you agree?
21. Why did Dr. Ambedkar go to England?
(a) To become a leader
(b) To travel
(c) To become a lawyer
(d) None of the above
22. When did India get its freedom?
(a) In 1947
(b) In 1948
(c) In 1950
(d) In 1960
23. What is the term used for a disabled person?
(c) Challenged person
(d) None of the above