From Chapter 8, Vital Villages, Thriving Towns of CBSE Class 6 History, students get to explore topics such as Iron tools and Agriculture, Irrigation, Sculpture, Archeology and more. CBSE Class 6 History Chapter 8 Vital Villages, Thriving Towns Important Questions also cover the main concepts from this Chapter and help students to prepare for the exam. Solving these important questions for practice help students to score high, as most of these questions are also likely to be asked in the exam.
The link to access the CBSE Class 6 Social Science Important Questions of Chapter 8 History is provided below in this article.
Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
1. Who lived in the villages? Mention any three different kinds of people.
2. Write about Sangam literature.
3. Ring well found in Delhi. In what ways do you think this system of drainage was different from that of the Harappans?
4. Write about The Story of Barygaza.
5. What are Punch-marked Coins?
6. Make a list of the occupations of people who lived in Mathura. List one occupation that was not practised in Harappan cities.
7. Define Northern Black Polished Ware.
8. Why do you think the amphitheatres and aqueducts have survived?
9. Describe the functions of the gramabhojaka. Why do you think he was powerful?
10. List the crafts persons who would have been present in both villages and cities.
11. Mention when iron began to be used in the subcontinent.
12. Describe the Jatakas. Who composed Jatakas?
13. Describe the significance of Arikamedu.
14. Write a short note on shernis.
15. During the period between 200 BCE to 300 BCE, India enjoyed a good deal of prosperity. Describe.
16. What are ring wells? What was it used for?
17. Who was Dasa Karmakara?
18. What are some of the evidence that tells us about life in early cities?
19. Mention how pottery design got its name.
20. Write briefly about Mathura.