Chapter 2 of CBSE Class 9 Economics, ‘ People as Resource’ is an effort to explain population as an asset for the economy rather than a liability. ‘People as Resource’ is a way of referring to a country’s working people in terms of their existing productive skills and abilities. We have also compiled the CBSE Class 9 Economics Chapter 2 People as Resource Important Questions for the students to solve and practice. These questions cover the critical topics of the chapter. They are also considered as useful resources to revise the subject.
Students can download the CBSE Class 9 Economics Important Questions in PDF format from the link provided below.
People as Resource
1. What do you understand by ‘people as a resource’?
2. How is human resource different from other resources like land and physical capital?
3. In which year did India have the highest literacy rates?
4. State the difference between human resource and human capital formation.
5. Write about Infant Mortality Rate.
6. What is the role of education and health in human capital formation?
7. What part does health play in the individual’s working life?
8. Define economic activities.
9. What are the various activities undertaken in the primary sector, secondary sector and tertiary sector?
10. What is the difference between economic activities and non-economic activities?
11. Why cannot the daily housework done by a housewife, be counted as an economic activity?
12. Why are women employed in low paid work?
13. Explain the term “unemployment.”
14. What are the sources of human capital? Mention any two.
15. What is the difference between disguised unemployment and seasonal unemployment?
17. Why is educated unemployed, a peculiar problem of India?
18. Can you suggest some measures in the education system to mitigate the problem of educated unemployed?
19. Define the term “life expectancy.”
20. Which capital would you consider the best — land, labour, physical capital and human capital? Why?