A city is much bigger than a village and more spread out with crowded markets, many buses and cars, water and electricity facilities, traffic control and hospitals. Who is responsible for running all this? How are the decisions made? How is planning done? Who are the people who do all the work? Answers to these questions can be found in Chapter 7 of CBSE Class 6 Civics. You can easily master the key highlights of the Chapter with the help of CBSE Class 6 Civics Chapter 7 Urban Administration Important Questions. Solving these questions makes it easier for the students to score good marks in the exam.
Here in this article below, we have compiled the CBSE Class 6 Social Science Important Questions from Chapter 7 Civics. Students can just click on the link given to download the PDF and start preparing for the exam.
1. List at least four different tasks that the Municipality does.
2. In a panchayat the elected members are called ___________.
3. How does the Municipal Corporation get its money?
4. What is called Sub-Contracting?
5. List four ways in which the work of the Municipal Corporation affects the life of a city-dweller.
6. Who is a Municipal Councillor?
7. How does the Municipal Corporation earn the money to do its work?
8. Several poor people in the city work as domestic servants as well as work for the Corporation, keeping the city clean. Yet the slums in which they live are quite filthy. This is because these slums seldom have any water and sanitation facilities. The reason often given by the Municipal Corporation is that the land in which the poor have set up their homes does not belong to them and that slum-dwellers do not pay taxes. However, people living in middle-class neighbourhoods pay very little in taxes compared to the amount of money the corporation spends on them in setting up parks, street lighting facilities, regular garbage collection etc. Also as you read in this chapter, the property taxes collected by the Municipality makes up only 25-30 per cent of its money. Why do you think it is important that the Corporation should spend more money on slum localities? Why is it important that the Municipal Corporation provide the poor in the city with the same facilities that the rich get?
9. Why did the children go to Yasmin Khala’s house?
10. What did Gangabai do and why?
11. A contract worker is not a permanent employee of a company. He is hired for a specific task or project. True/False?
12. How does a District Collector administer Jail?
13. What are the functions of a Chief Executive Officer in a Municipal Corporation?
14. Mention the features of the Municipal Corporation.
15. Define why Urban Administration is important.
16. Why do all cities not have a municipal corporation? Give reasons.
17. What is the relation between the local bodies and the state government?
18. Mention the different types of urban local bodies. Describe.
19. What is the Plague? Give a reason for the spread of plague in Surat. Mention the lessons learnt from this epidemic.
20. Name the public amenities.
21. Panchayat Members are known as _____
(d) None of these
22. Name the tasks of a Municipal Corporation.
(a) To maintain parks
(b) To run the schools
(c) To run the hospitals
(d) All the above