India is a vast country with varied landforms. It contains all kinds of terrains like the plains, vast stretches of plain land, a hilly region, or even the rugged terrain with mountains and valleys. Our country has practically all major physical features of the earth, ranging from the mountains, plains, deserts, plateaus and islands. Explore more about the features of India from Chapter 2 of CBSE Class 9 Social Science. We have also compiled below the CBSE Class 9 Geography Chapter 2 Physical Features of India Important Questions from this chapter. Solving these questions will help the students to revise the subject thoroughly.
Students can download the PDF format of these CBSE Class 9 Social Science Important Questions of Geography Chapter 2 from the link below.
Physical Features of India
1. Name the glaciers and passes that lie in the Great Himalayas.
2. What is the name of the states where the highest peaks of India are located?
3. Name the state where Mussoorie, Nainital and Ranikhet are located.
4. Explain the main cause of Rock displacement.
5. Write a note on “Tectonic Plates.”
6. What is the bhabar? Explain briefly.
7. Which plateau lies between the Aravali and the Vindhyan ranges?
8. Explain the differences between converging and diverging tectonic plates.
9. Distinguish between Bhangar and Khadar.
10. Which are the major physiographic divisions of India? Contrast the relief of the Himalayan region with that of the Peninsular plateau.
11. Distinguish between the Western Ghats and the Eastern Ghats.
12. Name the island group of India having a coral origin.
13. Give an account of the Northern Plains of India.
14. Write a short note on the Indian Desert.
15. Write a short note on the Island groups of India.
16. The highest peak in the Eastern Ghats is Mahendragiri. True or False?
17. The western coastal strip, south of Goa is referred to as Konkan. True or False?
18. What are Barchans? Explain.
19. Give reasons why shiwalik ranges are prone to landslides and earthquakes.
20. How were the Himalayas formed? Explain.
21. Which is the highest peak in the Eastern Ghats?
(a) Anai Mudi
(b) Doda Betta
22. _____ is a landmass bounded by sea on three sides.
(d) None of the above