India being a vast country has different types of bio-forms available throughout the country. Our country India is one of the 12 mega bio-diversity countries of the world. Explore more about the natural vegetation and the wildlife of India from Chapter 5 of CBSE Class 9 Geography. Covering the concepts of the chapter, we have compiled here CBSE Class 9 Geography Chapter 5 Natural Vegetation and WildLife Important Questions. Students can refer to these while revising the chapter to understand the chapter.
Here, we have also given the PDF link of the CBSE Class 9 Important Questions of Social Science Geography Chapter 5 below.
Natural Vegetation and WildLife
1. Explain the term “virgin vegetation.”
2. Define Natural Vegetation.
3. Explain briefly about the wide variety of fauna in India.
4. Why are the southern slopes in the Himalayan region covered with thick vegetation cover as compared to northern slopes of the same hills?
5. Why are the western slopes of the Western Ghats covered with thick forests and not the eastern slopes?
6. Write a note on Tropical Evergreen Forests.
7. Write about evergreen forests and deciduous forests. What are the differences?
8. Describe Mangrove Forests.
9. Discuss what will happen if plants and animals disappear from the earth’s surface. Can human beings survive in such a situation? Why is biodiversity necessary and why should it be conserved?
10. What factors are responsible for the distribution of plants and animals in India?
11. What is a bio-reserve? Give two examples.
12. Name two animals having habitat in the tropical and montane type of vegetation.
13. Which are the animals found in the tropical evergreen forests?
14. Elaborate the steps taken by the government to protect the flora and fauna of the country.
15. Name different types of vegetation found in India and describe the vegetation of high altitudes.
16. Quite a few species of plants and animals are endangered in India. Why?
17. Name ten occupations getting the raw material from forests and wildlife.
18. Manas, a bio-reserve of India is not included in the world network of bio reserves. True or False?
19. What are the three characteristic features of the thorn forests and scrubs?
20. Define an ecosystem. Mention the factors that can lead to the destruction of an ecosystem.