Today we often take the ideas of liberty, freedom and equality for granted. But we need to remind ourselves that these ideas also have a history. Learn more about the French Revolution from Chapter 1 of CBSE Class 9 History. The French Revolution led to the end of monarchy in France. A society based on privileges gave way to a new system of governance. These CBSE Class 9 History Chapter 1 The French Revolution Important Questions cover the highlights of the chapter. Students can comprehend the topics from these questions and use them to revise the chapter.
Find below the link to download the CBSE Class 9 History Important Questions from Chapter 1. Students can access these questions and start preparing for the exams.
The French Revolution
1. Who are the clergy?
2. Write a note on the French Revolution.
3. Explain the Subsistence crisis.
4. Name the King of France during the French Revolution.
5. Describe The Declaration of Rights of Man and Citizen.
6. What is liberty? State the two conflicting views about it.
7. Write a brief note on “The life of a revolutionary woman – Olympe de Gouges”.
8. Give a reason why Bastille was hated by all. Why did a group of several hundred people storm the fortress prison Bastille?
9. Mention some of the basic rights set forth in Olympe de Gouges’ Declaration.
10. Write a note on the Abolition of Slavery.
11. Write a short biography on any one of the revolutionary figures you have read about in this chapter.
12. Describe the circumstances leading to the outbreak of revolutionary protest in France.
13. Which groups of French society benefited from the revolution? Which groups were forced to relinquish power? Which sections of society would have been disappointed with the outcome of the revolution?
14. Describe the legacy of the French Revolution for the peoples of the world during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
15. Draw up a list of democratic rights we enjoy today whose origins could be traced to the French Revolution.
16. Would you agree with the view that the message of universal rights was beset with contradictions? Explain.
17. How would you explain the rise of Napoleon?
18. Explain the terms “Tithes” and “Taille.”
19. Name the author of the book ‘Two Treatises of Government.’
20. Explain “middle class.” Mention three points.
21. Which of the following is the reason that the fortress-prison, the Bastille was hated by all?
(a) It stood for the despotic power of the king
(b) Because of dictatorship
(d) None of these
22. French women demanded the right to_______
(b) To be elected in the assembly
(c) To hold political office