The Central Board of Secondary Education declares latest and updated syllabus for the year 2016 – 2017. Here is the new and revised curriculum that is published every year for every subject and keeps modifying the course by adding or erasing some concepts. A new marking scheme is out for all the subjects along with new syllabus.
The latest CBSE Biology syllabus is strictly based on CBSE board examination. If you wish to download Biology Syllabus for any class, just click on the desired class and go through the respective syllabus. The Biology subject is taught separately after class 10 since it covers one of the vital concepts of higher medical education as well as in later stages of life and working atmosphere. It interrelates all other real-life phenomena that relate Mathematics and Chemistry, and go hand in hand.
- All the units which are specified to every term shall be assessed through both Summative and Formative Assessments.
- The CBSE syllabus involves two Formative Assessments and each carries 10% weightage.
- The Summative Assessment will carry 30% weightage in every term.
- Practical examination will be conducted by Formative Assessment in each term with 20% weightage of total marks.
- Practical Skill Assessments through Board questions carries 15 marks in Summative Assessment and every term.
Stay tuned with Byju’s to learn more about CBSE Biology Syllabus.