Class 6 Sports GK Questions can trigger excitement and curiosity in the minds of Class 6 students. It covers a plethora of sports which are very popular and followed by sports fans across the globe. Sports GK Questions for Class 6 students will help them learn about people and countries that have achieved successes in large sporting events like Football, Cricket, Chess and in many Olympic events. Sports will play a very crucial role in holistic development of children and ultimately help in contributing very positively to the society. Sports have a tremendous influence in the overall development of a child. It will teach children on how to face failures in life, and how to handle success. Sports will help a child in reducing physical and mental stress, reduce negative emotions like fear, anger etc. Sports GK Questions for Class 6 might induce the children to pursue those sports for recreation and help them improve and develop their mental and physical fitness.
Developing the hobby of solving Sports GK questions, will not only help children perform better in academic life but also help them in leading a prosperous and successful professional and personal life. General Knowledge Questions for Class 6 will help children in building self-confidence and developing important skill sets that will help them in dealing with obstacles that they may come across in their life ahead. General knowledge questions will help a student develop higher thinking ability, become more creative thereby giving a tremendous boost to their self-esteem.
Here is a list of Sports GK questions in English for Class 6
1) How many medals did India win at the 2018 Asian Games?
2) 2018 Asian games was held in ________
c) Kuala Lumpur
3) ________ is the winner of men’s singles title in French Open 2020
a) Dominic Thiem
b) Rafael Nadal
c) Roger Federer
d) Novak Djokovic
4) _________ won India’s first medal in Wrestling at the Olympics
a) Sushil Kumar
b) Yogeshwar Dutt
c) KD Jadhav
d) None of the above
5) ______ was ranked as World Number 1 at BWF ranking in Badminton in 2018
a) K Srikanth
b) P Gopichand
c) P Kashyap
d) None of the above
6) Dhyan Chand is an Indian Sports player of World renown in the sport of ______
7) _________ won the most number of UEFA Champions League titles
a) Real Madrid
c) Bayern Munich
d) AC Milan
8) _______ won the most Formula One World Championships.
a) Lewis Hamilton
b) Alain Prost
c) Sebastian Vettel
d) Fernando Alonso
9) Anju Bobby George won the Bronze medal in _______ at 2003 World Championships in
a) High Jump
b) Long Jump
c) Shot Put
d) Javelin Throw
10) _________ won India’s first Olympic Bronze medal in Boxing.
a) Vijender Singh
b) Akhil Kumar
c) Dingko Singh
d) Mary Kom
11) Garry Kasparov is a former world Chess Champion from ______
12) __________ won the most Australian Open titles.
a) Novak Djokovic
b) Roger Federer
c) Andre Agassi
d) Pete Sampras
13) ______ won the most number of FIFA Football World Cup titles.
14) _________ scored the famous goal in FIFA World Cup which later on came to be
known as ‘Hand of God’ goal.
d) Diego Maradona
15) ‘Hitting across the line’ is the autobiography of _______, a famous cricket player.
a) Vivian Richards
b) Donald Bradman
c) Garfield Sobers
d) Jack Hobbs
The above questions are some of the most important general knowledge questions on Sports for Class 6. The answers to them are provided below in the box. For more of such exciting questions on GK on other topics, download our learning app.
BYJU’S also provides CBSE Sample Papers for Class 6, CBSE Sample Papers, NCERT Solutions for Class 6, ICSE Sample Papers & much more to help students prepare well for the exams. Keep learning and stay tuned for further updates on CBSE and other competitive exams.
Here are the Answers for Sports GK Questions for Class 6: