Minerals are an indispensable part of our lives. Almost everything we use, from a tiny pin to a towering building or a big ship, all are made from minerals. Even the food that we eat contains minerals. In all stages of development, human beings have used minerals for their livelihood, decoration, festivities, religious and ceremonial rites. Students can explore more about minerals and energy resources in Chapter 5 of CBSE Class 10 Geography. Meanwhile, CBSE Class 10 Geography Chapter 5 Minerals and Energy Resources Important Questions also help students to understand various concepts of the chapter well. They may come across a few of these questions in the Social Science exam. So, they are advised to practice these questions thoroughly.
Students can find the PDF link to download these CBSE Class 10 Geography important questions below. These will help students to prepare more competently for the exams.
Download PDF Format of CBSE Class 10 Geography Chapter 5 Minerals and Energy Resources Important Questions
Chapter 5 Minerals and Energy Resources Important Questions
1. What is a mineral? Where are minerals found?
2. What is the difference between an open pit mine, a quarry and an underground mine with shafts?
3. What are the impacts of mining on the health of the miners and the environment?
4. Which one of the following minerals are formed by the decomposition of rocks, leaving a residual mass of weathered material?
(a) coal (b) bauxite (c) gold (d) zinc
5. Minerals are deposited and accumulated in the stratas of which of the following rocks?
(a) sedimentary rocks (b) igneous rocks (c) metamorphic rocks (d) none of the above
6. How are minerals formed in igneous and metamorphic rocks?
7. Give two examples of conventional sources of energy.
8. Explain how fossil fuels are formed. Give some examples.
9. Define solar energy. How is it utilised?
10. Write the advantages and disadvantages of wind energy.
11. What are the four uses of manganese?
12. Give three methods of conserving mineral resources.
13. Which one of the following fuels are considered environment-friendly?
d) Natural gas
14. Ferrous minerals account for about three-fourths of the total value of the production of metallic minerals.
(a) True (b) False
15. What are the differences between conventional and non-conventional sources of energy? Write any 3 points.
16. Explain how energy is an indispensable requirement of our modern life? Give three examples.
17. List the leading producers of Petroleum in India.
19. Which are the three major forms of fossil fuels in India?
20. Describe any three characteristics of Bellary-Chitradurga, Chikmaglur-Tumkur iron-ore belt in India.
21. Describe the distribution of coal in India.
22. “India has fairly rich and varied mineral resources across different regions”. Support the statement with examples.
23. “Minerals are indispensable part of our lives”. Support the statement with examples.
Students must have found these CBSE Class 10 Geography Chapter 5 Minerals and Energy Resources Important Questions helpful for their board exam preparation. Stay tuned to BYJU’S and get more resources like CBSE Class 10 Sample Papers or NCERT books to prepare for the exams.