According to the CBSE Syllabus 2023-24, this chapter has been renumbered as Chapter 5 in NCERT Class 6 Social Science Textbook.
There are more than six lakh villages in India, and taking care of their needs for water, electricity, and road connections is not a small task. Additionally, land records have to be maintained, and conflicts should also be dealt with. Large machinery is in place to deal with all this. In Chapter 6 of CBSE Class 6 Civics, students get to learn the work of two rural administrative officers in some detail. They can also understand all the concepts of the Chapter and revise them thoroughly by solving these CBSE Class 6 Civics Chapter 6 Rural Administration Important Questions that have been compiled. Practising these important questions help students to get good scores, as some of these questions are also likely to be asked in the exam.
Students can find the CBSE Class 6 Important Questions of Chapter 6 Civics listed in the article, with a link given below to download the PDF version. Students can also take a printout of these questions for future reference if they require it.
1. If there is a theft in your house which police station would you go to register your complaint?
2. Find out the term used for the Patwari in your state.
3. What is the work of the police?
4. List two things that the work of a Patwari includes.
5. What is the work of a tehsildar?
6. In what ways are the work of the Panchayat that you read about in the previous chapter and the work of the Patwari related to each other?
7. Who is in charge of all the police stations in a district?
8. How do women benefit under the new law?
9. Revenue Officer works under ____________.
10. Subdivisions of a district are known by different names such as tehsil, taluka, etc. True or False?
11. Mention the number of villages in India.
12. Name the amendment that actually aimed at achieving gender equality in the matter of property rights.
13. What is Bund?
14. Mention who is in charge at the Police Station.
15. Find out the basic needs of the village people.
16. Find out the full form S.H.O.
17. A farmer wants to buy a plot of land from another. Will farmers require a copy of their land records in this situation?
18. What is the Hindu Succession Amendment Act 2005? Explain the new law.
19. Who is the administrative head of the district?
20. Name the head of the Tehsil.
(b) District Collector
(c) Revenue Collector
(d) All the above
21. What is the Patwari also known as?
(c) village officer
(d) All of these
22. What is the approximate number of villages in India?
(a) One lakh
(b) Three lakh
(c) Six lakh
(d) Four lakh