There are more than five thousand towns and twenty-seven big cities in India. Big cities like Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata etc., have more than a million people living and working here. They say that ‘the city never sleeps!’ Find out about the work people do in the city. Are they employed by someone or are they self-employed? How do they organise themselves? And do they have similar employment and earning opportunities? Read Chapter 9 of CBSE Class 6 Civics and understand further about urban livelihoods. Learning the concepts become easy with these CBSE Class 6 Civics Chapter 9 Urban Livelihoods Important Questions. You can solve and practise these important questions to prepare well for the exam.
Given below in this article are the CBSE Important Questions of Class 6 Civics Chapter 9 to be accessed. Students can also just click on the PDF link provided below to download these important questions.
1. In what ways is a permanent and regular job different from a casual job? Discuss.
2. ________________ is now recognised as a general benefit and as a right of people to earn their livelihood.
3. Workers who work in offices, factories, and government departments are called casual workers. True or False?
4. What is required for permanent shops?
5. Mention the kind of threats that temporary workers go through.
6. Give a list of activities carried out in the streets.
7. Give the number of towns and big cities in India.
8. Give reasons why people prefer to work in Organised sectors.
9. Define Labour Chowk.
10. Write a short note about the working conditions of workers in the factories.
11. What was the living conditions of workers who come to the labour Chowk?
12. What are the features of business persons? Mention any two.
13. What was found in a survey of Ahmedabad City?
14. Why do small workshops and factories employ casual workers? Give your answers.
15. What are the livelihood challenges faced by rural and urban women? Give a comparison.
16. What are some of the duties of a marketing manager? Mention some of the benefits enjoyed by them.
17. What are the differences between marketing and selling?
18. Describe markets.
19. Mention the chief problems faced by vendors.
20. Define Casual Workers.
21. Where is Kalpattu village located?
(c) Tamil Nadu
(d) Andhra Pradesh
22. Which of the following crops are not grown in the village?
(d) Mango Orchards