The surface of the earth is a complex zone in which three main components of the environment meet, overlap and interact. To learn in-depth about the Major Domains of the Earth, students can just refer to Chapter 5 of CBSE Class 6 Geography. They can also solve the CBSE Class 6 Geography Chapter 5 Major Domains of the Earth Important Questions given and master all the major concepts of the Chapter. Practising these questions also helps to revise the Chapter thoroughly for the exam.
Link to download the CBSE Class 6 Geography Important Questions from Chapter 5 given below in this article.
Download CBSE Class 6 Geography Chapter 5 Major Domains of the Earth Important Questions PDF
Major Domains of the Earth
1. Explain the terms, Lithosphere, Atmosphere, Hydrosphere and Biosphere.
2. What are the four major domains of the earth?
3. What are the two main divisions of the earth’s surface?
4. Write a short note on the Hydrosphere.
5. Name the major continents of the earth. Write a short note on the seven major continents.
6. Name the two continents that lie entirely in the Southern Hemisphere.
7. Why is the earth called the ‘blue planet’?
8. Why is the Northern Hemisphere called the Land Hemisphere?
9. Why is the Biosphere important for living organisms?
10. The mountain range that separates Europe from Asia is the Urals. True or False?
11. The deepest point on the earth is _____________ in the Pacific Ocean.
12. Who were the first men to climb the highest mountain peak Mt. Everest? Mention the date.
13. Carbon dioxide (CO2) is considered as an important constituent of air. Explain.
14. Mention the five major Oceans in the order of their size.
15. The atmosphere is divided into five layers based on composition, temperature and other properties. Name these layers.
16. What are the uses of Nitrogen and Oxygen gases?
17. Why is Carbon Dioxide considered important?
18. What makes the water from rivers unsuitable for human use?
19. What is termed as Global Warming?
20. Which are the Indian Research Stations of Antarctica? Name them.
21. Name the gas responsible for global warming,