The term drainage describes the river system of an area. Small streams flowing from different directions come together to form the main river, which ultimately drains into a large water body such as a lake or a sea or an ocean. The area drained by a single river system is called a drainage basin. Learn more about the drainage and the drainage systems in India from Chapter 3 of CBSE Class 9 Geography. CBSE Class 9 Geography Chapter 3 Drainage Important Questions compiled here also cover the vital topics of the chapter. Solving these questions will help the students to revise the subject and score well in the exams.
Find the PDF link below, from where the students can download the CBSE Class 9 Geography Important Questions of this chapter.
1. What is the significance of the term “water divide?” Give an example.
2. Explain the terms, “drainage,” and “drainage basin.”
3. Write a note on the Drainage Systems in India.
4. Explain the perennial and non-perennial rivers. Why do the Himalayan Regions consist of perennial rivers? State reasons.
5. Write a note of the Indus River System.
6. Write a note of the Brahmaputra River System.
7. Give any three features of the Himalayan Rivers.
8. What are the factors on which the drainage patterns depend?
9. Give the name of the river also known as the “Dakshin Ganga?”
10. Define a lake. Explain how they are formed.
11. Name the biggest waterfall in India.
12. Write a note on the National River Conservation Plan.
13. Rivers play an important role in the economy of the country. Yes or No? Justify your answer with reason.
14. Describe briefly the Ganga River System.
15. Which is the largest river basin in India?
16. Name the two headstreams of the Ganga. Where do they meet to form the Ganga?
17. Why does the Brahmaputra in its Tibetan part have less silt, despite a longer course?
18. State some economic benefits of lakes and rivers.
19. Discuss the significant difference between the Himalayan and the Peninsular rivers.
20. Compare the east-flowing and the west-flowing rivers of the Peninsular plateau.
21. What is the type of drainage pattern made by the Narmada River?
22. Zaskar and Nubra are tributaries of _______ river.
23. Mention any three Himalayan river system. Give two tributaries of each.