General Science GK Questions for Class 6 covers a wide range of fascinating topics related to humans, plants, animals, solar system, earth, interesting facts on sound, light, important inventions that changed the world, and the important contributions of various scientists in transforming our lives.
It is always important that Class 6 students develop the habit of understanding and analysing what is happening around him/her. GK Questions will help 5th standard students to grow academically as well as personally. In the pursuit of a child’s success, developing the habit of solving GK Questions early on is an important trait that needs to be inculcated. General Knowledge will play an important role in the overall development of children as they grow up. As knowledge is never ending, acquiring knowledge is also a never ending process right from anybody’s childhood.
The below given multiple choice General Science GK Questions for Class 6 will help students prepare for various inter school and intra school quiz competitions. It will also help students to enrich their knowledge and kindle their curiosity in the field of science. GK Questions for Class 6 will throw light on interesting facts about General Science.
Basic Science GK Questions for Class 6
Here is a list of Basic Science questions in English for Class 6,
1) Which planet is known as the Morning and Evening Star?
2) _______ is the famous scientist who discovered Penicillin in 1928
a) Sir Alexander Fleming
b) Leonardo Da Vinci
c) Michael Faraday
3) ________ is considered as father of Indian Nuclear Program
a) C V Raman
b) Homi J Bhabha
c) Abdul Kalam
d) Vikram Sarabhai
4) Indian Science Congress 2020 was held in ______
a) New Delhi
5) __________ is the second largest big cat species in the world
6) ________ is the famous scientist known for inventing Telephone.
a) Thomas Alva Edison
b) Neils Bohr
c) Alfred Nobel
d) Alexander Graham Bell
7) ________ is the inventor of Radio
a) Guglielmo Marconi
b) Thomas Edison
c) Benjamin Franklin
d) Michael Faraday
8) What is a U-Boat?
9) Flying Reptiles were known as ________.
10) Largest individual flower is from a plant known as ______
d) Rafflesia arnoldii
11) The biggest known volcano in our solar system is located on
12) Largest Land based mammals on earth are _____
b) Polar Bears
13) How many times does a human beat in a day?
a) More than 10,000 times a day
b) More than 1,00,000 times a day
c) More than 1,000 times a day
d) Around 2,00,000 times a day
14) People with lesser melanin have ____
a) Lighter skin colour
b) Darker Skin colour
c) Does not influence skin colour
d) None of the above
15) The highest temperature ever recorded in Antarctica is 18.3 degree celsius. The reading was taken by Esperenza research base of _______
The above questions are some of the most important general knowledge questions on Basic Science for Class 6. The answers to them are provided below in the box. For more of such exciting questions on GK on other topics, download our learning app.
BYJU’S also provides CBSE Sample Papers, ICSE Sample Papers, CBSE Sample Papers for Class 6, NCERT Solutions for Class 6 & much more to help students prepare well for the exams. Keep learning and stay tuned for further updates on CBSE and other competitive exams.
Here are the Answers for Basic Science Questions for Class 6: