- Standard form of a quadratic equation ax2+bx+c=0, (a ≠ 0).
- Solution of the quadratic equations (only real roots) by factorization, by completing the square and by using quadratic formula.
- Relationship between discriminant and nature of roots.
- Situational problems based on quadratic equations related to day to day activities to be incorporated.
Tangent to a circle at, point of contact
- (Prove) The tangent at any point of a circle is perpendicular to the radius through the point of contact.
- (Prove) The lengths of tangents drawn from an external point to circle are equal
- Division of a line segment in a given ratio (internally).
- Tangent to a circle from a point outside it.
Heights And Distances
- Angle of elevation, Angle of Depression.
- Simple problems on heights and distances.
- Problems should not involve more than two right triangles.
- Angles of elevation / depression should be only 30°, 45°, 60°.
- Surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/cones.
- Problems involving converting one type of metallic solid into another and other mixed problems