Physics is an important subject for board exam as well as other competitive exams. Students who are weak in Mathematics often find Physics to be challenging and hence fail to qualify in competitive exams. This problem is common with the students preparing for Medical exams. In Medical exams, around 25% of questions are asked from Physics class 12.
Poor marks in Physics can spoil your target of scoring good marks in the class 12 board exams. To perform best in Physics, you have to be more cautious. Invest more time in studying Physics, since this subject requires regular practice like Mathematics and prepare an ideal study routine. Try to solve as many numerical problems and immediately consult your teacher for help whenever you find any difficulty.
Books to Prefer
To prepare Physics for board exam, you need to be more consistent. Stay in touch with NCERT Physics book consistently, since it’s the best recommended and important book to perform better in this subject. You can refer different side-books to understand the topics in detail. You must read NCERT books thoroughly and today even in various competitive exams, lot of questions are asked directly from NCERT books.
Do not waste much time in solving numerical questions only. Try to focus equally on different derivations and theoretical questions.
You cannot skip Chapters like “Electronics”, “Dual Nature of Radiation” and “Atom and Nuclei” need to be read thoroughly since they carry considerable weight age of marks and are equally important for different competitive exams. Apart from those, other relevant chapters are Optics, Electrostatics, Current Electricity and magnetism. Study these from the beginning of the academic session. Many students don’t concentrate on these sections initially and fail to grasp important topics at the time of exam.
- Revision of self notes and memorizing formulas and definition of complex terms helps a lot at the time of last minute preparation. Have a separate list of topics for quick revision which must contain important formulae, derivations and highlighted points.
- Practice the derivations perfectly, and don’t miss the optics, magnetism and electrostatics since they cover important sections. Practising conceptual questions helps you in preparing practical and once the concept gets clear, you can solve questions from all the sections.
- Solve as many Class 12 Sample Papers as much as you can. Practice model test papers as well.
- Time management is a must therefore know your speed of answering questions. Keep trying to improve and answer as many questions in less time by writing.
- Try to finish all the topics and questions of NCERT Books since CBSE board questions are mainly based on exercise problems in the text only.
Understanding Physics concepts and applying them in real time situation can improve logical and analytical thinking and ideas. To know more about Physics subject and concepts for class 12 board exam, do visit Byju’s.com.