Here, students can find the class 11 physics revision notes Chapter 10 Mechanical Properties Of Fluids. Students will find the definition of all the important topics in physics such as the Archimedes principle, laws of flotation, the equation of continuity, Bernoulli’s theorem etc.
- Archimedes’ principle states that the buoyant force applied to an object is equal to the weight of the fluid the object displaces
- According to Bernoulli’s theorem in physics, whenever there is an increase in the speed of the liquid, there is a simultaneous decrease in the potential energy of the fluid or we can say that there is a decrease in the pressure of the fluid
- The continuity equation deals with changes in the area of cross-sections of passages which fluids flow through. Laminar flow is flow of fluids that doesn’t depend on time, ideal fluid flow
They will also see the definition of Magnus effect, critical velocity, Reynold’s number etc. along with that, they will be exposed to tables showing the viscosities of fluids, Torricelli’s theorem. These notes will be very helpful to students for exam preparation as well as for revision.
Students should also read the following topics to get a better understanding of the topic.
|Properties Of Fluids||Mechanical Properties Of Fluids|
|Fluid Dynamics||Fluid Pressure|
Highlights of CBSE Class 11 Physics Chapter 10 Mechanical Properties of Fluids
Here are the key features of the Class 11 Physics Chapter 10 notes:
- The subject experts have prepared these notes.
- All the important topics of “Mechanical Properties of Fluids” have been covered in the notes.
- Notes are explained in detail so that students get the concept quickly.
- The notes are written in simple language for students easy understanding.
- Notes provide an overview of the complete chapter just in a single glance.
Keep learning and download BYJU’S app to get interactive study videos.
Frequently asked Questions on CBSE Class 11 Physics Notes Chapter 10: Mechanical Properties of Fluids
What is meant by ‘Laminar flow’?
Laminar type of flow is when a fluid (gas or liquid) flows in a smooth pattern (regular path).
What are some of the uses of ‘Hydrostatic pressure’?
1. Measure blood pressure 2. Proper lung inflation
What is the use of ‘Surface tension’?
1. Responsible for the shape of liquid droplets 2. Improve the quality of the products 3. Plays a part in our body’s ability to transport materials