A coordinate geometry can be simply defined as a branch of geometry, where the position of the points on the plane is defined with the help of an ordered pair of numbers known as coordinates.
In the coordinate system, a coordinate graph contains a rectangular grid with two coordinate lines called as axes. The horizontal position is represented by X -coordinate and its vertical position is represented by Y- coordinate. They are typically written as an ordered pair (X, Y).
Listed below are some applications or uses of the coordinate geometry.
Coordinate Geometry is mainly used for:
- Calculating the distance between the two given points.
- To describe the equations of different geometric figures.
- Finding the equation, midpoint, or slope of a line segment.
- For calculating the area and the perimeter of a given polygon.
- To conclude the given set of lines are parallel or perpendicular.
For more information about the Coordinate Geometry, click on the below-mentioned links.