What is the government and what is the important role it plays in our lives? What do governments do? How do they decide what to do? What is the difference between different types of governments such as monarchies and democracies? Read up Chapter 3 of CBSE Class 6 Civics and learn more about the Government. Solve CBSE Class 6 Civics Chapter 3 What is Government? Important Questions and master the concepts.
Students can score well in the exams with these CBSE Class 6 Social Science Important Questions from Chapter 3 Civics. Click on the link provided and download the questions to start preparing for the exam.
What is Government?
1. What do you understand by the word ‘government’?
2. List five ways in which you think the government affects your daily life.
3. Who gives the government this power to make decisions and enforce laws?
4. Do you think it is important for people to be involved in decisions that affect them? Give two reasons for your answer.
5. Which type of government would you prefer to have in the place you live in? Why?
6. What is called the women’s suffrage movement? What did it accomplish?
7. Why do you think the government needs to make rules for everyone in the form of laws?
8. Name two essential features of a democratic government.
9. Gandhiji strongly believed that every adult in India should be given the right to vote. However, a few people don’t share his views. They feel that illiterate people, who are mainly poor, should not be given the right to vote. What do you think? Do you think this would be a form of discrimination? Give five points to support your view.
10. In a monarchy the country’s citizens are allowed to elect whomever they want. True or False?
11. Who has the power to make and enforce decisions?
12. Give some examples of institutions that are part of the government. Name three.
13. Which practice did Gandhiji consider as unfair?
14. The government works at different levels. Which are they?
15. All persons driving a motor vehicle must have a_____________.
16. What were the punishment issued against any person caught driving a vehicle without a licence?
17. What is monarchy?
18. What is known as the universal adult franchise?
19. What do you mean by representative democracy?
20. As per Gandhiji’s Young India, who should be given the right to vote?