What happens after people elect their representatives? How are decisions made? Let’s look at how this takes place in rural areas. Here, from Chapter 5 of CBSE Class 6 Civics, students can look at the Gram Sabha, which is a meeting where people directly participate and seek answers from their elected representatives. Understanding the concepts of the Chapter becomes easy for students with the help of these CBSE Class 6 Civics Chapter 5 Panchayat Raj Important Questions. Covering the key topics from the Chapter, students can solve these questions and score well.
These CBSE Class 6 Social Science Important Questions of Chapter 5 Civics are listed below in this article along with a PDF link provided. Students who want to prepare for the exams can just click on this link and access these questions. They can also take a print out of the PDF for future reference, if required.
1. What is a Grama Sabha? Write a short note on it.
2. In the meeting of the Gram Sabha so far what are the problems that are being discussed? What sort of solution is being suggested?
3. Was there a problem with the BPL list that the Gram Sabha was finalising? What was this problem?
4. How can the Gram Sabha prevent the Panchayat from doing what it likes?
5. What is the work of a Gram Panchayat?
6. Mention the sources of funds for the Panchayat.
7. What decisions were taken by the Gram panchayat? Do you think it was necessary for them to take these decisions? Why?
8. Describe the three levels of Panchayat.
9. What problem did the villagers in Hardas village face? What did they do to solve this problem?
10. What, in your opinion, is the importance of the Gram Sabha? Do you think all members should attend Gram Sabha meetings? Why?
11. What is the link between a Gram Sabha and a Gram Panchayat?
12. What is the difference between a Gram Sabha and a Gram Panchayat?
13. What is the significance of a local government?
14. Mention the objectives of the “watershed development programme.”
15. Describe the role of a Sarpanch in a Gram Panchayat.
17. Name the different types of committees formed by Gram Sabha.
18. Who is a Sarpanch?
19. Mention the criterion for making the BPL list.
20. What are the functions of the Zila Parishad?
21. The job of contract workers are ____
22. The secretary of the Grama Panchayat is also the secretary of the ____
(a) Gram Sabha
(d) Gram Block