About India, GK Questions for class 4 covers a wide range of fascinating topics related to Indian Geography which consists of topics on rivers of India, Mountains of India, dams, world heritage sites, different islands. GK Questions for class 4 will also cover topics related to folk dances, Indian history, national parks. Important ports and airports also form an important part of General Knowledge.
It is always important that class 4 students develop the habit of understanding and analysing what is happening around him/her. GK Questions will help 4th standard students to grow academically as well as personally. In the pursuit of a child’s success, developing the habit of solving GK Questions for Class 4 early on is an important trait that needs to be inculcated. General Knowledge will play a critical role in the holistic development of any child. Learning is never-ending, since knowledge is infinite.
India is a vast and diverse country with a rich culture, heritage, history, and diversity. The below page provides questions and answers on the topic ‘About India.’ The below given multiple choice About India GK Questions for Class 4 will help students prepare for various inter school and intra school quiz competitions. It will also help students to enrich their knowledge about India. GK Questions for Class 4 will be an important stepping stone for inspiring and building curiosity in the minds of young students.
About India General Knowledge Questions for Class 4
Here is a list of GK questions About India in English for class 4,
1) How many states are in India _________
2) Which of the following is not a Union Territory _________
c) Jammu and Kashmir
3) Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat is built on the river _________
4) _________ is the Indian scientist who received Nobel Prize in Physics
a) C V Raman
b) Hargobind Khorana
c) Amartya Sen
5) Pattadakal is a UNESCO world heritage site located in _________
a) Tamil Nadu
b) Andhra Pradesh
6) _________is India’s second longest river in India after river Ganges.
7) Kanchenjunga mountain is located in _________
a) Himachal Pradesh
b) Jammu and Kashmir
8) Dr Abdul Kalam Island formerly known as Wheeler Island, is an island off the coast of _________
a) Tamil Nadu
9) Ghoomar is a traditional folk dance of _________
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
10) INS Khursura submarine museum is located in _________
11) The National War Memorial is a monument built by the Government of India in _________to honour the Indian Armed Forces
c) New Delhi
12) Pakyong Airport is the airport at Pakyong town in _________
a) Himachal Pradesh
d) Arunachal Pradesh
13) Balpakram National Park is a national park located in _________
b) Madhya Pradesh
14) Kandla port is one of the major ports of India, located in the state of _________
b) West Bengal
15) _________was the 2nd Vice President of India
b) Shankar Dayal Sharma
c) Zakir Hussain
d) S. Radhakrishnan
The above questions are some of the most important general knowledge questions on About India for Class 4. The answers to them are provided below in the box. For more of such exciting questions on GK on other topics, download our learning app.
BYJU’S also provides CBSE Sample Papers, ICSE Sample Papers, CBSE Sample Papers for Class 4, NCERT Solutions for Class 4 & much more to help students prepare well for the exams. Keep learning and stay tuned for further updates on CBSE and other competitive exams.
Here are the Answers for About India GK Questions for Class 4:
|1. a)||2. d)||3. b)||4. a)||5. c)|
|6. c)||7. d)||8. c)||9. a)||10. d)|
|11. c)||12. b)||13. d)||14. c)||15. c)|