The most important task of the muscular system is performing any task with the part of the body, called as hands.
Let’s explore how it works by creating a model hand with tendons and working muscles.
- A piece of card (your hand size)
- A pencil
- Take a cardboard piece and sketch the outline of your hand with a pencil.
- Cut the hand shape precisely with scissors.
- Cut 5 pieces of the string that are around the size of your hand.
- Tie the string over every finger and thumb and enlarge it towards the arm base. Staple the card to the string at the exact points where your thumb and fingers are joined.
- Now pull the strings from the palm base and see what happens.
From a simple smile to lifting a heavy box, every movement is driven by the muscular system. The muscles in our forearm include long tendons that run ligament fibres, called as carpal tunnel. These muscles let us to flex our fingers and bending the finger tips towards our palm while giving the thumbs up. This is exactly what you made when the strings of your model hand are pulled.
For more information on CBSE exams, syllabus and notifications, stay tuned with BYJU’S. At BYJU’S, CBSE students are also provided with the latest sample papers, question papers, worksheets and other exam materials to help them learn in a better way.
Continue learning about human anatomy and skeletal system with engaging video lectures @byjus.com.