The unseen passage is asked in the English exam and constitutes a major weightage. It comes under the reading section of the English paper and covers 5 to 20 marks in the examination. So, students who gain good command in solving the unseen passages can easily score these marks. To help them, we have provided unseen passage for Class 4 to 10 students. Practising these unseen passages will boost students’ confidence level and help them score high marks in the English exam.
Unseen passages are introduced in the English subject to test the understanding and grasping power of the students. Usually, a passage is given to students, and they are asked to answer the questions based on the passage by reading it carefully. Mostly 2 passages are asked in the exam. With the new exam pattern, CBSE has introduced multiple-choice questions in the exam. So, some of the questions based on unseen passages are in the form of MCQs.
Unseen Passage for Class 4 to 10 Students
Students of Class 4 to 10 can access the unseen passage in English from the link below:
|CBSE Class 4 Unseen Passage|
|CBSE Class 5 Unseen Passage|
|CBSE Class 6 Unseen Passage|
|CBSE Class 7 Unseen Passage|
|CBSE Class 8 Unseen Passage|
|CBSE Class 9 Unseen Passage|
|CBSE Class 10 Unseen Passage|
Tips to Attempt an Unseen Passage
Students must keep the following important points in their minds while solving the unseen passage in English.
- Read the passage carefully to understand the theme of the passage.
- If a student does not understand the meaning of some words used in the passage, he should try to understand the expected meaning by reading the sentences before and after them.
- Students must keep their answers brief and to the point.
- Students should write answers in their own expressions and should not follow the sentence of passage since these passages also test the language expressing ability of the students.
- To answer the vocabulary-based questions, students should first read the sentences or words given in the questions. Then, they should try to understand the meaning and search for the word from the passage that has the required meaning as asked in the question.
- After answering all the questions, students should go through all the answers once more and do corrections such as spelling, punctuation, grammar etc.
- Many times, questions based on the central idea of the passage are asked. For this, Students must read the passage two or three times to get the central idea of the passage.
We hope this page on CBSE unseen passages must have helped students in their exam preparation. For more study material and the latest updates on CBSE/ICSE/State Board/Competitive exams, keep visiting BYJU’S. Also, download the BYJU’S App for interactive study videos.