In Chapter 4 of CBSE Class 6 Civics, students will read about some of the key elements that influence the working of a democratic government. These include people’s participation, the resolution of conflict and equality and justice. Students can also solve CBSE Class 6 Civics Chapter 4 Key Elements of a Democratic Government Important Questions to understand the Chapter and master the concepts. Practising these important questions will help the students to score well in the exam.
Find the link given below in the article, to download the CBSE Class 6 Civics Important Questions from Chapter 4. Students can click on the link and start studying for the exam.
Download CBSE Class 6 Civics Chapter 4 Key Elements of a Democratic Government Important Questions PDF
Key Elements of a Democratic Government
1. What is Apartheid?
2. List five ways in which the non-whites were discriminated against.
3. Do you think it is important for all persons to be treated equally? Why?
4. Why do we have regular elections?
5. What are the various ways in which people participate in the process of government?
6. Why do you think we need the government to find solutions to many disputes or conflicts?
7. What actions does the government take to ensure that all people are treated equally?
8. Read through the chapter and discuss some of the key ideas of a democratic government. Make a list. For example, all people are equal.
9. In 1984 South Africa became a democratic country. True or False?
10. Who helped to resolve the conflicts?
11. How were the protestors treated by South African police?
12. Who is the well-known leader of the African National Congress?
13. When did South Africa become a democratic country?
14. Why do you think elections are required after a fixed period?
15. If the governments want to continue to be in power then they have to be_______
16. What are the many ways in which people express their views and make governments understand what actions they should take?
17. When do conflicts occur?
18. What is the role of the government in resolving these conflicts?
19. The downstream dam in ___________________can only be filled up if the water is released from the upstream one located in ____________.
20. In our Society, there is a general tendency to value and care for the boy child more than the girl child. True or False?
21. What is an Apartheid?
(b) Not allowed
(d) All the above
22. Name the official language of South Africa.
23. Name the leader of the African National Congress.
(a) Nelson Mandela
(b) Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru
(c) Mahatma Gandhi
(d) Bill Clinton