A map is a representation or a drawing of the earth’s surface or a part of it drawn on a flat surface according to a scale. Students can study more about Maps from Chapter 4 of CBSE Class 6 Geography. We have also compiled CBSE Class 6 Geography Chapter 4 Maps Important Questions based on key topics of the Chapter. Students can solve these important questions and study most proficiently for the exam. They can also revise the entire concepts of this Chapter thoroughly.
Link is given below to download CBSE Class 6 Geography Important Questions taken from Chapter 4. Students can access these questions and even take a printout of the file for future reference if required.
1. What is a map? Mention its key features.
2. What are the different types of the map? Explain.
3. What are the three components of the map?
4. What do you mean by the term ‘the scale of the map
5. What are the four cardinal directions?
6. How are maps more helpful than a globe? Explain the shortcomings of the globe.
7. Distinguish between a map and a plan.
8. Which map provides detailed information?
9. How do symbols help in reading maps?
10. Maps showing the distribution of forests are Political Map. True or False?
11. A compass is used to find the main direction. True or False?
12. What is a Sketch?
13. Give a historical background of Maps.
14. A ___________ is used to find the main directions.
15. What are called conventional symbols?
16. Write a very short note about Thematic Map.
17. Explain the intermediate directions.
18. Define the Compass.
19. Give a reason why political maps use more number of colours as compared to physical maps.
20. Define a “small scale map” and a “large scale map.”
21. What is the meaning of “TV” with arrow?
(a) Direction of south
(b) Direction of North
(c) Direction of East
(d) Direction of West
22. What is the purpose of using a magnetic compass?
(a) For showing symbols
(b) For finding the directions
(c) For measuring distance
(d) For all these